Regen Light Avoidance

I only use V power mainly because I get the points and it gives me free fuel to fill up my other 2 cars which are mapped on vpower petrol and don't work on anything less than 99ron.
Makes no difference to dpf regen.

Ratty what are you averaging now Mpg with yours as know you was having a few issues and if so did you have to correct anything or just accepted it?

... if I pull up and the idle is up to nearly 1000rpm and sounds rough I just sit there for 5 minutes with the throttle pedal pressed and then see if the rpm has dropped back to 900, if not, I do it for a bit longer until the idle has dropped then I switch it off.
I do the same but my rpm drops to 800 after completing the regen.

Reactions: mmi
I will never put supermarket fuel in mine but with the T6 carrying out regen’s 2-3 times per tank normally would you be wasting your time going for an optimum fuel like shell V-power if getting burnt off quite consistently?
I always use supermarket fuel wherever possible in every vehicle I've ever had and wouldn't dream of using premium-priced fuel. No DPF light ever on my 150PS Eu6 T6 in almost three years and no issues with regens. Average a true 35.8mpg so far in a mix of driving (my MFD is less than 1.8mpg optimistic). You makes your choice and pays your money.

Back