EGR Radiator Problem

benl

Hi all,
My van is a 2016, 150BHP T6 with ~45,000 miles on the clock.
The engine light came on approx. 1000miles into my journey to Portugal, however, the van was running completely normally.
I have taken it to a reputable garage in Portugal who tell me that the EGR radiator has a problem and needs to be replaced. They suggested that I can drive the van back to England to have this work done.
What is the advise around driving ~1200 miles back to England before having the EGR radiator replaced? Alternatively, they have quoted €600 to replace here.

Hi all,
My van is a 2016, 150BHP T6 with ~45,000 miles on the clock.
The engine light came on approx. 1000miles into my journey to Portugal, however, the van was running completely normally.
I have taken it to a reputable garage in Portugal who tell me that the EGR radiator has a problem and needs to be replaced. They suggested that I can drive the van back to England to have this work done.
What is the advise around driving ~1200 miles back to England before having the EGR radiator replaced? Alternatively, they have quoted €600 to replace here.
Sorry, I can’t answer the technical side of an EGR radiator replacement but another question I’d be looking at if I were in your boots is how much would this job costs back in Blighty?

If you have the time it might be worth getting it replaced over there if it saves a chunk of cash and allows you to travel further or back home worry free.

Sorry, I can’t answer the technical side of an EGR radiator replacement but another question I’d be looking at if I were in your boots is how much would this job costs back in Blighty?

If you have the time it might be worth getting it replaced over there if it saves a chunk of cash and allows you to travel further or back home worry
You make a good point. Cheers!

Back