Redarc Manager30 (bms1230s2-uk)

Looks good, but it doesn't do anything my setup doesn't do, and it's triple the price!

Oooh..

Just looking at it I want one..... =)
But don't when know what it does yet.

doesn't mention the euro 6 though
you probably get a better deal and more flexibility by using separate modules, even if it takes a bit more space.

doesn't mention the euro 6 though
you probably get a better deal and more flexibility by using separate modules, even if it takes a bit more space.
It does mention smart alternators, which is the electrical difference of the Eu6 models. Yes separate units do give more flexibility in terms of layout and are much cheaper. Don’t think I’d be interested in one at half the price, would still be too much for what you get and it’s a bit all-eggs-in-one-basket

Edit: actually looking at the dimensions it’s huge! You wouldn’t get a battery under the seat if that was there, much MORE space required than the separate units. It’s so big I wondered if it had an inverter and I missed it, but it appears not.

Hi Guys,

I'm a technical sales manager for the company who is the exclusive UK and Ireland distributor for Redarc Electronics

The Battery manager 30 is an all in one BMS system designed for the most demanding of users, it has an internal DC-DC charger (just like the BCDC range compatible with EU6 smart alternators) but many more features, it is 6 products in one:

30A DC-DC charger

30A MPPT Solar controller

30A 230V mains charger

Battery isolater

Low volt disconnect

Complete battery monitor

it is fanless so completely silent, a very robust and reliable product. The space and weight required is less than a system with multiple components and the simplicity of install and the can bus communication ensures the system works fluidly

The BMS30 is compatible with lead acid and lithium batteries, the DC-DC charger is suitable for use with standard alternators and euro 6 smart alternators, so it is a truly future-proof system.

in terms of performance and reliability the BMS30 is second to none, in over 3 years of selling Redarc we have never seen a failure, these are used on some very high end utility and blue light fleets, The BCDC chargers are formally approved by - Renault and Fiat, Redarc are also working on this with Ford UK and VW

here is a recent case study we produced from a customer with a land cruiser expedition vehicle that used the BMS30 - Our Latest Case Studies | Portable Power Technology

The RRP on the BMS30 in the UK is £1153.99 however for T6 forum members I'm sure we can sharpen that a little and make it under £1000

If you have any questions regarding the BMS30 then give me a shout or contact PPT.

It’s a shame I can’t connect my 250w solar panel to it :(

It’s a shame I can’t connect my 250w solar panel to it :(
Deaky, that will be because your 250W panel is a 24V or 36V nominal panel, you need a 12V nominal panel with max VoC of 32V

for example spec of one of the panels we recommend is below:

• Peak power: 250W
  • Maximum power voltage: 20.2V
  • Maximum power current: 12.38A
  • Open circuit voltage: 23.9V
  • Short circuit current: 13.12A
  • Power allowance range: +/- 3%
  • Dimensions: 139 x 99 x 4 cm
  • Weight 15.3KG

Hi Dave,

Could you please confirm the dimensions as the spec online has 2 different lengths.

Many thanks

Kramsdog

Many thanks David, another question for you...

Is the smaller 15amp version available?

Many thanks David, another question for you...

Is the smaller 15amp version available?
Kramsdog,

We have not imported one before as can offer the 30A at the same price so a no brainer for most people. I'm sure we could import if required but would come direct from Australia so 1-2week lead time.

The 15A version still uses the same size "main unit"

Last edited:
Back