Recalibration of touch screen?

cy294

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Afternoon everyone,

Having difficulty with my factory head unit in cancelling the screen which appears when reverse is engaged.

There is an X which appears in the top right hand part of the screen and when you press the X, it then cancels the display and reverts back to the home screen. Problem I am having is that I am really having to press the X in order for anything to happen.

Does anyone know if this can be recalibrated or if there is a fix?

Many thanks all.

IMG_20210625_152621_edit_135427775568397.jpg

Last edited:
On mine, the screen auto cancels when you move a few feet forward.

Is that not happening on yours?

On mine, the screen auto cancels when you move a few feet forward.

Is that not happening on yours?
Thanks for the reply. Yes it does, but when I'm coming home from nights and reversing onto the drive, I want to be able to cancel the screen so that it doesn't make such a noise.

If you press the icon in the bottom left corner it'll leave the display but silence the beeps.
Thanks, but does anyone know 8f it can be sorted. It seems the touch screen is out of alignment.

Mine is with @Ianidor now, just about ready to come back for me to refit.
Symptoms are common unfortunately.

Sounds like a screen. My self or @Ianidor can repair these. Cheers Chris

Now back in the van and working perfectly, @Ianidor also supplied a genuine VW 32GB navigation SD card. Total cost £320 door to door service.

Thank you Ian Dorrington.
My 2017 screen started randomly playing up , sometimes it was perfect sometimes icons on the right of the screen would t work , it was worse inhot weather. After reading in here I contacted @Ianidor and he fixed it by return by fitting a whole new screen absolutely epic now , so glad I did it thanks @IanIDor!

Hi all
My head unit in my t6 when you try and use the sat nav will not let you put certain letters in even tho they are highlighted to be used.
Does not matter how many times you touch the screen it will not select the letter you want but some letters do work on the screen but not the ones you need.
Any ideas on who would fix it or would I have to get a new one ?
Sorry for the long story
Have added a picture of my head unit

IMG_5448.jpeg

Sounds like the touch screen is on the way out, there’s a thread on here how to replace it, I did a mates, £15 for a new one

Hi
Thank you for the reply but if I think it’s too hard is they anyone who will carry out the work ?

Hi
Thank you for the reply but if I think it’s too hard is they anyone who will carry out the work ?
On here you’re best speaking with @Dav-Tec - very well regarded by those that have used them, use the search function to read up on what they offer

Back