Rear Speaker Options And Ideas

Max Palmer

We have a converted T6 without rear speakers. I believe it has the composition colour media unit. For the kids to hear music in the back requires us to put the stereo volume up quite high (too high). We're not after uber sound quality here, just good. There are a few options I see to improving this situation.

[1] Fit rear speakers. As the van has already been converted (it's a lovely Cascade Conversion with a pop top), this may be more of a pain or costly than we would like. Any idea of costs? Will the media unit support 2 extra speakers?
[2] Go bluetooth (and accept some loss of control - e.g. ability to fade, ease of volume control and potential audio latency.
[a] Will the media unit support pairing with a bluetooth speaker (rather than a phone)? My initial tests have not been successful, but I haven't given up yet.
Use an audio jack to bluetooth transmitter. However, I'm not sure if the central jack on the unit is an audio input or output - I need to check the manual.

Any other thoughts?

Max

The media unit will support rear speakers. Would have been easier to have had the wiring put in first before conversion, it can be coded for fader

The unit has USB for mp3 on a stick, front Aux, Bluetooth streams and sd card

Thanks,

Does bluetooth streams support streaming from the media unit to a bluetooth speaker? Also what would you do for the wiring if you put speakers in?

Max

No stream music from the phone to the radio.

We would use iso pins and drop them in to the quadlock harness, then run cables up the passenger A pillar and along the ceiling to the speakers,

We also offer a plug and play loom behind the headunit but they are a bit bulky,

No stream music from the phone to the radio.

We would use iso pins and drop them in to the quadlock harness, then run cables up the passenger A pillar and along the ceiling to the speakers,

We also offer a plug and play loom behind the headunit but they are a bit bulky,

Hi - What are the speaker option fitment locations when converted?

Pm me a few pictures on the inside and il Mark it where we would install them

We faced the same issue but really struggled to find anywhere we could fit the rear speakers.

Did you do it or give up?

Given up, for now. We could have put them on the bottom of the pop-top bed but I didn’t want to sit up in the morning and bang my head on them - there’s only just enough clearance currently.

Back