Rear dashcam cable routing in caravelle

Dom76

Hi guys, looking at getting front and rear dash cam for caravelle, wondering what is the best cable route to get to get the wires to the back. Don’t really want to have to disturb headlining, so thinking is it possible to push a wire pull through from the back to top of A pillar? Or is it best to go behind rear panels and under carpets? Any advice greatly appreciated.

I put an aftermarket reversing camera in mine, I fed the wire through from the tailgate hinge across the headlining to the B pillar across the top of the passenger door and then down the A pillar. It was a lot easier than I expected and there is no need to disturb the headlining. Fish tape and rods help a lot. The OEM route is different and goes through the offside of the van I think.

You can also pickup the reverse wire feed in the B pillar (green/black wire I think) if you need a trigger wire to engage the camera when reversing automatically.

I put an aftermarket reversing camera in mine, I fed the wire through from the tailgate hinge across the headlining to the B pillar across the top of the passenger door and then down the A pillar. It was a lot easier than I expected and there is no need to disturb the headlining. Fish tape and rods help a lot. The OEM route is different and goes through the offside of the van I think.

You can also pickup the reverse wire feed in the B pillar (green/black wire I think) if you need a trigger wire to engage the camera when reversing automatically.
thanks, that’s great news that it can be done without too much effort, just need to get some small diameter rods.

Hi do you mind telling me which camera you fitted, I want to fit one and feed it back to my Kenwood dnx 516 head unit if it’s compatible
Thanks

thanks, that’s great news that it can be done without too much effort, just need to get some small diameter rods.
Which size rods did you go for? Any pictures of the process for someone who knows nothing about cars other than putting fuel in?

You can install a cable front to rear in a Shuttle or a Velle without rods as there is enough play in the lining where it joins the rubbers and plastics to just slip it under without any problems at all. This is how I have done it in the x2 Shuttles and x1 Velle I own.

I've done a couple of Caravelles and Shuttles and for any wiring runs in these cable tongue is best option. Cable Tongue will push over the head lining with ease and go from the rear cable entry to tailgate to front A pillar usually without snagging. It's also great for under carpet runs. Much better than rods.

Back