Rear Bumper Spoiler

Does anyone have a modified rear bumper ? I had one ony T5 but I've not seen any for a T6 .

There’s this thread:

And this thread:
What are people's views on these rear diffusers as opposed to full-on replacement bumpers?

I'm liking the subtleness..

View attachment 8870

View attachment 8871

.. but can't justify the £650 odd it'll cost.

Are there cheaper alternatives out there?

Thoughts?

And this post:

Hi all , just joined ,hope to get some advise on some View attachment 12695 mods ...

There’s another thread somewhere with the rounded rear-end but I can’t find that.

Last edited:
The PP Tuning rear bumper looked ok from the back, but somebody posted a side-on shot and it stuck out like Jimmy Hill's chin.

img_3105.jpg

But this one I really did like, unfortunately it didn't fit with my Westfalia tow bar

IMG_0907.JPG

VW T5 Transporter VAN rear bumper ad-on (spoiler) BLACK TEXTURED FINISH | eBay

Saw this on flea Bay. Apparently the T6 barn door bumper is the same as the T5. So this will fit.
The barn-door bumper is the same as both barn-door and tailgate T5 models, but the T6 tailgate is a different profile.

I’ve emailed some of those sellers (they seem to be offered by three or so different sellers - who all appear to be in the same part of the country, and all appear to be from central / eastern Europe - so possibly the same outfit) and asked about the T6 tailgate fitment - one said outright it wouldn’t fit, the other said I could try it and return it if it didn’t.
I didn’t want the hassle of trying to return it so i didn’t take the gamble.

Do let us know the quality if you do order it @Jason Williams

I had this very one on my T5. It was fine. I pained around the fake exhaust pipes and left the rest black. If I get another I will colour code it the same colour as the van.

I had this very one on my T5. It was fine. I pained around the fake exhaust pipes and left the rest black. If I get another I will colour code it the same colour as the van.

Did it leave you with adequate access to your spare wheel and your towing eye?

For anyone looking at rear-end styling, the LV T6.1 bumper is said to be a straight swap (albeit the T6.1 has six PDC sensors - unsure whether the holes come pre-drilled):

FE0C88E2-29BA-4F08-8AA4-FCCD3A7A7F70.jpeg

Back