Rear Air Con

RosscoPCole

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I asked this a while ago, but never got an answer. Is there a camper conversion company that incorporates rear air con? I'm curious as the California has this and it is a life saver for the rear passengers.

The thing is the Shuttle/Caravelles with the 3 zone climate control will all have the ducting in the centre of the roof where the middle row of seats are

Only the California, to my knowledge, has the ducting down the sides of the roof to clear the pop top.

So it may only be possible to do if California spare/second hand parts are used, thus likely only economically viable for a private self convert like this:

The thing is the Shuttle/Caravelles with the 3 zone climate control will all have the ducting in the centre of the roof where the middle row of seats are

Only the California, to my knowledge, has the ducting down the sides of the roof to clear the pop top.

So it may only be possible to do if California spare/second hand parts are used, thus likely only economically viable for a private self convert like this:

Thanks for the reply. I thought as much. I'm sure if a company made a retrofit system for campers they would do a roaring trade.

Back