Rattle from passenger side

RyanT6

Sold!
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have noticed quite an annoying rattle from the passenger side it seems to be coming from the little tweeter cover part of the a pillar or from inside it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yeh, noticed that a couple of weeks ago, but it seems intermittent. Thought it was the cupholder. Had a noise from new on the drivers side, again intermittent, sounded like a bad electrical connection, crackling but it would go away if I put my hand on the top of the steering wheel. Not heard that for months now though. VW vans were once renowned for their lack of rattles, not so any more. My drivers seat also squeaks every now and again.

Yeh, noticed that a couple of weeks ago, but it seems intermittent. Thought it was the cupholder. Had a noise from new on the drivers side, again intermittent, sounded like a bad electrical connection, crackling but it would go away if I put my hand on the top of the steering wheel. Not heard that for months now though. VW vans were once renowned for their lack of rattles, not so any more. My drivers seat also squeaks every now and again.
Re. your driver's seat squeaking- is it noticeable more when going round corners?

Mine was doing this and found it was the plastic seat base surround rubbing on the adjustment dial next to the handbrake

Yes @CRD tis only when I go round bends. How did you remedy it?
Didn't do anything special really, just gave it a good wiggle to try and create some space between the dial and the surround. It seems to have worked though!
Let me know if it works out for you too :thumbsup:

I have noticed quite an annoying rattle from the passenger side it seems to be coming from the little tweeter cover part of the a pillar or from inside it. Has anyone else experienced this?
mine too did this so wedged a piece of card in, no rattle now.

Gave it wiggle, but alas still a slight squeak, sounds like its coming from the door side of the seat base. Was -2 deg this morning so didn't spend a great deal of time on it. On a plus, had a frosty windscreen that defrosted in minutes with the heated windscreen, pity I couldn't see out the side windows though.

I've an annoying rattle coming from the trim under the steering column, does anyone know how to remove this?

2nd T6 and same rattle had appeared on the flat piece of plastic on the underside of the overhead storage!!

2nd T6 and same rattle had appeared on the flat piece of plastic on the underside of the overhead storage!!
@Amped I had the exact same rattle, drove me nuts, was constantly holding the bit of plastic to stop it. The fix; pop it out, spread the 2 metal clips that hold it in place, pop it back up, hey presto, it doesn't rattle anymore. :)

My squeaky drivers seat has come back with a vengeance. This is the sound that tortures me every time I turn a corner (I'm rocking on the seat here). Highline with heated seats.

Last edited:
Wow I thought my seat was bad.... that would drive me round the bend (or the corner:laugh:)!

My squeaky drivers seat has come back with a vengeance. This is the sound that tortures me every time I turn a corner (I'm rocking on the seat here). Highline with heated seats.

That sounds like a squeaky bed!:laugh::laugh::whistle:

That sounds like a squeaky bed!:laugh::laugh::whistle:
Has anyone managed to cure the squeaky drivers seat? My Caravelle drivers seat squeaks when I sit down and if I move around. Checking if there is a simple solution before taking it back for a warranty fix?

Anybody with the triple Kombi seat in the back suffer an annoying squeak when no one is sat on it ? sounds like I've got a bird in the back :rolleyes:

Someone posted a while back about curing drivers seat squeak by tightening a nut on the runner base ??

My kombi was in for squeaky driver's seat warranty repair on Friday. Was told seat base had be 're-torqued'.

Needless to say it was still squeaking this morning (admittedly less than before). Will maybe check all fasteners myself, but to me it sounds like an internal noise from the seat structure itself.

I've sprayed wd40 on most of the areas under the seat, but I just put it down to being a large triple being on a single mount , if that sounds right ?

Back