Rats! Need better CCTV

I have Sony Starvis on my system, good colour pics with just LED streetlights.

Nice. Sony produce some of the best cameras in many different industries. Their sensors are fantastic and used in many other brands of camera - not just security applications. (The Sony medical imaging is incredible).

Found some older pictures, we live near the sea and the salt air gets on the lenses so they need wiping clean regularly which I haven’t done on these pictures.

The street lamp over the road is led, it only shines light straight down, no flood at all but it’s enough to illuminate my drive.

FEF0120-D-12-DE-4-FEC-8-F66-9-E0603203301.jpg
AF11-D3-B5-EC7-A-47-E4-9-CE4-C9-C630017212.jpg

I have an 'old' swan system, hard wired and a secondary Ring system.both cover the full front and the back garden. TBH i am waiting on the Swan system to die and then i'll will consider if it is worth me replacing...

I had a guy with a flashlight try and look round van at 3am in the morning and disappeared when he saw the cameras and the lights come on... low lifes.

Last edited:
big leaps in CCTV tech in the last few years. the top pic is from a new cam in 2021, the bottom on is a new 4K cam from 2019.

+++

Hik ColorVU - 4MP (this one has audio too)

79029268-5cc4-46c6-b749-d322953ac6de.jpg

8MP 4k Qvis IP cam

45ac1abd-f33f-4a67-83b3-ed27b3b94837.jpg

and for giggles . . . the Ring door bell on the door.

The van is covered from about 6 angles . . .

1615150091639.png

and the Ring Door Bell inside the van.

203bf8e1-f613-4fa0-8def-ac0518966f58.jpg

What is the rough cost of a hard wired set up - say 4 cameras and a hard drive (plus anything else we’d need)? It would be DIY install.

Ian

we fit this system for Domestic installs. . . . .

Everything you need in the box. . . pre made cables etc - its just plug and play.

Plugged into the main TV via HDMI, connected to Router for Internet and comes with an APP for the phone, tablet etc.

ANNKE 8CH 4K POE H.265+ CCTV Camera System,
4x 8MP HD Dome Camera with Audio Recording,
Sony Sensor,
100ft EXIR 2.0 Night Vision&IP67 ONVIF Camera,
IK10, Supports 256GB TF Card,
2TB HDD

1615151538968.png1615151572116.png1615151588016.png

Caught some little rat on cctv checking out my van at 4:20 this morning. Hoping the stop lock has put them off and they’ll move on to an easier one but worried now. He then made a call and sat on the wall outside the house and was then picked up in a car!
no hood up or cap so would’ve had him clearly with a better camera. Anyone recommend one? Existing are hardwired so prefer just replacing the camera rather than a new Wi-fi one.
Rats!! I had two cars stolen from my drive in formby. Now concerned about my T6.1. Never thought about transporters getting stolen, as usually they’re just after fast cars!
what area of Liverpool you in mate?

Rats!! I had two cars stolen from my drive in formby. Now concerned about my T6.1. Never thought about transporters getting stolen, as usually they’re just after fast cars!
what area of Liverpool you in mate?
I’ve had 3 stolen over the years, horrible rats, can’t have anything. I’m in Aintree

I haven’t checked the cameras for ages and this is what I’m seeing:84151623-18E4-43DE-AA37-55DE31714E0A.png
(Bloody spiders!) Ring is a bit better though:
A12AD9FB-7B2F-48ED-B45D-0AB322B79469.png

I see the mention of Formby and Aintree. When I was a Proby Pc at the training school at Warrington. The Liverpool Police used to say that the kids would drive to Kirby Nick, and sound the horn of the stolen motors, for the fun and chase.
The real deterrent is a punishment that deters the crime, any crime. Imagine a Green House Max Min Thermometer, going up and down. When the sentence passes the point of no profit or little to gain, then crime will fall. In my opinion and that's all it is.
The majority of MP's are legals, it does their trade no good to pass laws that make sense. Drink Driving, more stated / appealed cases, per offence than any other. Well maybe the 1968 Theft Act.The Labour Party make the better laws, that lead to less appeals, funny one that:think smile bounce:

Back