Rats! Need better CCTV

johnmacster

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Caught some little rat on cctv checking out my van at 4:20 this morning. Hoping the stop lock has put them off and they’ll move on to an easier one but worried now. He then made a call and sat on the wall outside the house and was then picked up in a car!
no hood up or cap so would’ve had him clearly with a better camera. Anyone recommend one? Existing are hardwired so prefer just replacing the camera rather than a new Wi-fi one.

Log it with the cops, they may have Intel on the car. If you are on FB, stick the footage on there
I agree. It's always worth logging just in case there is intel or a pattern developing. I have a stop lock on the T6 but also squeeze the car up to the T6 drivers door (passenger door against a fence). It could still be dragged out but you can only do so much.

The new Hik ColorVu cams are very good. Colour even at night...

16151316089701197637787.jpg

I went to get some footage off my two cameras at the front of the house to show you how good the Starlight is, the other one is std 4k and then give you a comparison.

But when I went to play the footage back I realised my dvr hdd has died, so thanks for that because I might not have noticed for months.
Silver linings and all that! I was going to say “clouds” but the benefit of the dvr is your ownership of footage! (Yes, the tinfoil hat is strong with me!!!)

I went to get some footage off my two cameras at the front of the house to show you how good the Starlight is, the other one is std 4k and then give you a comparison.

But when I went to play the footage back I realised my dvr hdd has died, so thanks for that because I might not have noticed for months.
I just done the same...

3am last night.

Left is colourvu cam 4mp. (So not as high resolution, but better low light ability. Has a white led on front for total darkness)

Right is 8mp HD but goes mono due to low light.

20210307_165916.jpg

Back