Quiet tyres please.

Scruffy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I'm thinking about changing the tyres at some point in the next few months (or hold out until the winters go back on) and I'm looking for something a bit quieter than the Conti all weathers that are on. I don't need all weathers as I've got winters, so summer tyres will be fine. Size wise, 225-235 65 R17's.

Thoughts please.

Fitted to a much quieter Touareg and were very quiet.

I have Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric on mine, lovely tyre, great wet grip and fuel efficiency ratings and also one of the quietest. Go to somewhere like "lovetyres.com" and put in your tyre size, when you get your result you can check out their db(a) rating.

I've just fitted Goodyears eagles on the front end on mine, noticeable difference compared to Kumho tyres. Alot less road noise.
Boss were the cheapest I could find them, delivery only.

Just changed my slightly hateful Bridgestones for Goodyear All Weathers (Vectors) and not noticed any increase in noise which surprised me.

I'm told Michelin super sport 4s have A rating and super quite ??? I've not had them fitted yet to give my verdict

Sorry Yes stand corrected sport 4s
what is your verdict ?
Our Porsche has super sports good grip in wet but started to crack 5k miles and 18 months old !!!

Sorry Yes stand corrected sport 4s
what is your verdict ?
Our Porsche has super sports good grip in wet but started to crack 5k miles and 18 months old !!!
I've heard they are very good but I'm happy with Super Sports; poor until they warm up but then very good and they worked well on a track too.

My fronts are due for replacement soon but I think I'll stick to the Super Sports. On a slightly less full on car, I'd go for the new 4S for sure.

+1 for the Goodyear Eagle F1.

4 dB noise reduction over my previous tyre which is mega (a 5dB reduction is half the noise level).

On mytyres.co.uk you can sort on noise level: low to high, in your chosen size. I think there was one or tyres down another dB, but I took the view that the Goodyear met my price / quality criteria.

Just checked my tyres, 255/35/20 after 8k miles, the van came with them fitted, and accelera tyres less than a year old.

I had noise issues and checked them after a 1k round trip this Christmas. Lethal isn’t the word, they are delaminating and have cracks in the sidewalls so posting here to let people know to avoid them!

Going for the Falken replacements as they have decent reviews.

Back