Quick Release Fastners In Reimo Variotech 333 Seat

cheenis

Hi, I've just got myself a T6 with a 333 seat in it.

I've noticed an issue with the quick release bolts that fine tune the fit and prevent rattle, etc.

They just aren't consistent; i.e., I can tighten the bolt, flip the quick release so it's nice and firm, I'll then release the QR and when I put it back on (not having moved the bolt at all) it's loose.

I've had to use a spanner a couple of times to move the bolt so I think they simply need replacing to sort them out. DOes anybody know how I could get hold of a new set of bolts, or even parts of the bolts (they are in 3 sections from what I can see) I think the middle bit (the large bar and bolt I'm pointing to) is the main culprit but it may also be the bit under the seat that this bolt goes into?? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

IMG-20190705-WA0002.jpg IMG-20190705-WA0003.jpg

The QR lever has to be sat in the curve of the washer properly. If it's on the top of the shoulders of the washer and you set it tight it will work but if the QR or washer move round so the QR is now sat in the cup correctly you'll have no tension. Have a close look at the lever and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks. I did check this as you're right, it's an easy gotcha. I'm going to pop to my local DIY to see if I can get hold of something suitable.

I've had chance to get another look at this. It seems more like there is a block of some kind in the base (the bit nearest the rail/ floor) which might have some sort of bevel in it, so it's not the bel in the QR lever as I can see that, and the length of the bolt doesn't change as that is all screwed together, but I can move to having roughly 10mm of play in it. Just through feel it seems to be that there is something in the base rail that is able to spin or move to a different position whereby it creates this play. I guess my next move is to take the seat of the rail and look underneath at that base piece. Don't suppose anybody has any photos of this? I'll get on and search youtube for installation stuff.

We coudl supply new but they woudl be from REIMO, but sounds like an adjustment issue,
Rgds
Ian

Adjustment where? Take the seat out and get underneath it? Do you have any photos of underneath or of the part of the bolt that isn't visible?
Do you know of any documentation anywhere? Thanks for your help, really appreciated!

There should be a coupler on the threaded section (this is 2 x sections), this can be loosened, the 2 x sections can be made shorter to make tighter.

Rgds
Ian

Tha ks for the response. Yes there is, that isn't the problem (although it does get stiff to the point i have to use a spanner to undo it) as per the above, the issue is when i under the qr levers. I can undo them from a firm lock and then when i do them back up again, they suddenly have around 0.5-1cm of play in them (despite nothing else having been changed and the bevel washer under the qr lever is in the correct position). This points to it being something in the lower part of the 3 pieces (lower part under the base, connected to the rail, mid section being the long bolt with female screw connectors to the top and bottom pieces, the top being the final section that contains the qr lever).

Sorry I cant reecell from memory what they have at the bottom. I thought it was just a T bar. Sorry

It was just a T bar on the one I had

Back