Pullpods uk

mrpadders

T6 Pro
Hello,

Has anyone got any experience with pullpods? I like the look of them and I'm considering one for my Kombi.

Any advice welcomed, PM if you'd rather...

Ta .

Hi …looks very similar to slidepods…I’ve got a utility pod ( no sink or cooker ) prefer to cook in the awning ..With a tailgate you will get wet and if you fit a tailgate awning you will scratch your nice paintwork …but if it’s a nice sunny dry day it works…but the principle is great….for me it’s the practicality :)

90850DA3-5F72-46B1-A299-A1B8A565A4C8.jpeg

Hi …looks very similar to slidepods…I’ve got a utility pod ( no sink or cooker ) prefer to cook in the awning ..With a tailgate you will get wet and if you fit a tailgate awning you will scratch your nice paintwork …but if it’s a nice sunny dry day it works…but the principle is great….for me it’s the practicality :)
Won't a side door awning scratch the paintwork as much as a tailgate awning?

Won't a side door awning scratch the paintwork as much as a tailgate awning?

Hi @Skyliner33 ..with a side awning the tension ( plus the kador strip ) the material is pulled more horizontal and thus less contact with the slider/paintwork ( does in our case ) but with rear type awning the material rests on the tailgate it’s self ..99% of pod systems are really designed for open tailgates and not barn doors ( unless you fit a cover/awning) which ever way you look at it any thing that attaches to your vehicle has potential to scratch/mark…but if you are warned of any drawbacks you can make adaptations or rethink the idea:thumbsup:

We have an Amdro Kombi boot jump with our tailgate van.
It works really well.. its gets some use as well, my friends refer to our van as the worlds most expensive flask. I am always making a cuppa when we are at the park/beach/valleys/countryside walks.

I do always take a decent coat with me as usually its me that stands outside if its raining!

Also, when we are camping the cooker lifts out, and attaches to a larger gas bottle and we use that in the awning.

image1.jpeg

All good fun :)

We have an Amdro Kombi boot jump with our tailgate van.
It works really well.. its gets some use as well, my friends refer to our van as the worlds most expensive flask. I am always making a cuppa when we are at the park/beach/valleys/countryside walks.

I do always take a decent coat with me as usually its me that stands outside if its raining!

Also, when we are camping the cooker lifts out, and attaches to a larger gas bottle and we use that in the awning.

View attachment 115010

All good fun :)
Thanks Iestyn, I'm also considering the Amdro, as I like the seating arrangement for quick stops and a brew.
They always looked pricey to me for what was included but worth it if it's the most practical solution...

Last edited:
Back