Powered Doors - Anti-Trap/ Anti-Pinch - Sensitivity adjustment?

pezzas

T6 Pro
Hi all,
For the powered sliding doors it takes quite a lot of force to stop them closing if you get in the way - Can this be adjusted to be more sensitive?
I'm also consious that my kids are getting to the age where they could hurt them selves if they staret messing with them...
Thanks

That does not sound right ours stop with the slightest touch, necessary as we have two bouncy dogs!

Probably a question for your dealer, i would go there and ask to compare it to another vehicle that has elec sliders, they cannot fob off a genuine safety concern
@StudleyGlass has twin elec sliders - what are your thoughts ?

Right strangely enough the kids refused my idea and went straight to bed, so that worked :)

Seriously i tried a full body test , never felt a thing. Stopped instantly no pain. Then tryed me lower arm, stopped no pain just small pressure. Tried me hand big squished no damage but in saying all that with children it's a different thing as i would not want my 3 year old getting her hand in it. But i'm confident that it would not inflict any damage really or any missing finger come to that before it stops and returns.

Could that be elec door on the first two tests and power latching on the third/fingers ?
Two different mechanisms maybe ?

Good point @Pauly, i did not fancy trying my finger in it, to see if it dropped off or not so the best i could come up with was a peice of hose pipe as a pretend finger. As soon as the front edge of the door touch the pipe it returned, so pretty good.
The only thing i didn't like was when i sat inside and tried it. If i had the hose past the front lip of the door it stopped as before , but if i had it half way in it carried on, to latch ouch ! not good really, i will have to have another play with that one . Getting strange looks from the neighbour now :whistle:

Cheers guys.
From my 'tests' it takes a lot of force to stop it moving as soon as it starts to close and less so when closer to latching but still dont fancy leaving my kids alone with them...
I'll get hold of the dealer and see if they can get an official VW response and post up...

Back