Electric Sliding Side Doors Problems...help!

Garyde

T6 Pro
Hi All, having a bit of a weird intermittent issue with my kombi and hoping someone can advise. I've done a trawl through the forum and whilst I can find lots of power sliding door issues, none appear to be the same as the issue I am experiencing.

My Kombi has twin power sliding doors and occasionally if trying to open the door from the key or the dash buttons or the internal and external handles nothing happens. The dash buttons don't light up, they don't flash, nothing! If I try to open the door manually from the outside the handle acts the same as when it is locked and will not do anything. If I try to open from the inside handle i need to try this 5 or even 10 times before it feel like it "catches" and then the power door kicks in as normal. After I have managed to get it to open once it is fine for the rest of the day from the dashbutton, the keyfob and the internal or external handles. Sometimes it works fine for days, others it doesnt work for more than one day without the symptoms reappearing.

To make it worse it's happening intermittently on both doors, not just one or the other.

Hoping someone can advise on what to try or what could be a possible cause of the issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Bit more info would be handy
What year is it ? 6 or 6.1
How long have you owned it
Has it ever worked normally etc etc

For me the first things to do would be to check the door alignment is ok ie the contact pads are touching ok on the leading edge of the door
Check the contact pads are clean and free from any dirt/debris
If the above is ok then a fault scan would be handy to see if the van is registering any faults with the doors etc

Cheers Pauly, sorry should have mentioned this... its a 2017 T6 which I've owned since November last year. The issue only started appearing earlier this year. I will check the alignment and contact pads tonight - thanks for the help! :).

I’ve had something similar …..only to find out (t6 ) it’s my own fault……if you don’t double press the unlock ( all locks open ) nothing apart from the drivers door is open….I’ve sat there trying to open the sliders and nothing happens…so I always check the passenger door lock pin is up…:)

Back