Power fold mirrors - change speed setting AONOP

jonny66

Does any one know if its possible to change the power fold mirrors on a T6.1 so that they will fold at any speed and not just when travelling under 40kmh

It's hard to guess why you might want to fold your mirrors in at speeds above 40KPH.
The last thing I want to encounter on the motorway is a van pulling out from L1 to L2 as I'm about to pass him because he didn't see me as his mirrors were folded in. When I see vans with broken or missing door mirrors, I always let them know I'm there with a friendly toot on the horn!
Sorry, I'm no help to you!!!

Yes I'm sure it is.
Where I live there are a lot of lanes some narrow so helpful if you can fold mirrors at any speed.
40klm is nearly walking

It's hard to guess why you might want to fold your mirrors in at speeds above 40KPH.
For better fuel economy :whistle:

Does any one know if its possible to change the power fold mirrors on a T6.1 so that they will fold at any speed and not just when travelling under 40kmh
In T6.1 BCM there are almost 1500 parameters which control electrical functions. I would expect folding mirror speed limiter to be one of those. I'd try to tweak the following:
1611477355974.png

I was thinking that nobody would want to drive around with no side / rear views in order to save a quid a week.
In terms of fuel economy you’d probably be talking about fractions of a penny per week, and you’re right to say if you’re driving through a gap with so little clearance why on earth would you want to drive faster than 25mph? The only legit reason I can think of would be on a drag strip.

Seems a reasonable request to me.
I used to have to drive down a B road that was fairly narrow when I had my Qashqai and I always used to fold my mirrors in. It wasn’t that narrow that you had to slow right down but narrow enough that you could have a mirror knocked off.
I found it very frustrating when I couldn’t do the same when I got my Tiguan.

Seems a reasonable request to me.
I used to have to drive down a B road that was fairly narrow when I had my Qashqai and I always used to fold my mirrors in. It wasn’t that narrow that you had to slow right down but narrow enough that you could have a mirror knocked off.
I found it very frustrating when I couldn’t do the same when I got my Tiguan.
I used to do the same, Our previous Touareg is wide and what I wanted was a push-button the wheel that I could press with my thumb and went back out when I lifted off.

I joined this forum for help and information, this post for the folding mirrors is absolutely a genuine question. I also have a t6.1 and mirrors won't fold at speed above 40kmh thats no good in rural Wales so why not keep your comments to answering the question instead of stupid motor comments and economy comments its to avoid smashing you mirror off a wall or another vehicle.

So from 21 January till 15 July there where no sensible reply and no help !

Big

Back