Possibly lowering with standard Devonport wheels 17 inch

My van has been lowered slightly with HR springs and Konis (done by CRS) and I have Devonports. What effect does fitting spacers say 15/25 front and and rear have on ride, steering and road holding? I would be interested to know, thanks.

My van has been lowered slightly with HR springs and Konis (done by CRS) and I have Devonports. What effect does fitting spacers say 15/25 front and and rear have on ride, steering and road holding? I would be interested to know, thanks.
Can’t say I noticed any difference to the ride or road holding with the spacers fitted but it just looked so much better with the wheels flush with the arches

I haven’t noticed any difference in ride with spacers, I will say that this set up is much more nimble than when I had 19’s on. In theory the spacers do increase the turning circle but in reality it’s so small you can’t notice. By the same theory the wider track should improve road holding. As an example Porsche often fit 5mm spacers to their sportier versions.

Another question.... is the stx- coil over suspension going to be a good idea for me travelling across France when restrictions allow ? I’ll be driving to Marseille and exploring the country on route .I’m all for a better looking and smoother ride but it’s such an expensive outlay I need to be absolutely sure it’s correct for me for what I intend to use the van for .

You need to have a drive in someone elses modified van as only you know what you actually want from your van.
Most modify their vans to try and achieve a more car like ride experience than that provided by the stock pogo stick on each corner that VW go with but looks are also in the mix.
I'm on B14s, stiffer H&R ARBs and 18" wheels with 20mm spacers on the back so more about handling like a warm hatch and less about wafting along mile after mile... a few years back I drove a GMC dayvan from Michigan down to Florida with stops and that rode like a four poster bed, plush but vague and soggy.

Another question.... is the stx- coil over suspension going to be a good idea for me travelling across France when restrictions allow ? I’ll be driving to Marseille and exploring the country on route .I’m all for a better looking and smoother ride but it’s such an expensive outlay I need to be absolutely sure it’s correct for me for what I intend to use the van for .
The KW range is TUV approved so there wont be any issue as long as it is set with in the range it was approved at for , The STX is 35 mm to 65 mm

You need to have a drive in someone elses modified van as only you know what you actually want from your van.
Most modify their vans to try and achieve a more car like ride experience than that provided by the stock pogo stick on each corner that VW go with but looks are also in the mix.
I'm on B14s, stiffer H&R ARBs and 18" wheels with 20mm spacers on the back so more about handling like a warm hatch and less about wafting along mile after mile... a few years back I drove a GMC dayvan from Michigan down to Florida with stops and that rode like a four poster bed, plush but vague and soggy.
Yes my van drives like it has a pogo stick on each corner and crashes on every single bump in the road on B roads and lanes etc ... but drives pretty smooth on motorway etc once it gets to doing the job it feels designed for and up to speed . But absolutely hate the driving experience at 30 mph on back roads etc .. so annoying as during lock down I’m piffling about most of the time in my local area and the driving experience every day is unbearable after awhile ..

Just got back from one of the most uncomfortable crash bang wobble wobble rattle rattle rides to date in my van and honestly think I’m verging on selling up .. the more I drive this t6 the more I hate it .. if it’s not throwing the contents of the van all over the place it’s a symphony orchestra of rattles coming from every concevable location . How do VW get away with selling this suspension system it’s just awful I guess once it’s starts to bug you it gets progressively worse .. maybe I’m having a bad day but jeez I cannot wait to have the old system replaced with something fit for 2021

If you've genuinely fell out of love with the van then yes it's time for something else, if on the other hand you've just got the hump due to the time of year and this probably being the lousiest Christmas on record then swap out that wheelbarrow suspension VW installed and get Steve at CRS to install some Koni feather pillows on each corner.

As I said earlier I'm running B14s and they were a great improvement on my camper, subsequently fitting the thicker ARBs did remove some of the plushness of the ride of the B14s alone but flattened the van even more during rapid changes of direction, realistically I could have skipped the ARBs in terms of comfort but with passive suspension it's difficult to know when you've actually reached and then passed what was possibly the best compromise.

Just got back from one of the most uncomfortable crash bang wobble wobble rattle rattle rides to date in my van and honestly think I’m verging on selling up .. the more I drive this t6 the more I hate it .. if it’s not throwing the contents of the van all over the place it’s a symphony orchestra of rattles coming from every concevable location . How do VW get away with selling this suspension system it’s just awful I guess once it’s starts to bug you it gets progressively worse .. maybe I’m having a bad day but jeez I cannot wait to have the old system replaced with something fit for 2021
If you would like a thorough technical appraisal of what it is you are experiencing and what you can get from the correct replacement and a the technical reasons why we get such results i am happy to invest the time in explaining , I do believe an educated customer makes the right choices .

Back