Possibly a bit trivial but: cup holders WTF?

Oh brilliant…… You’re now going to have hundreds of DIYers trying to turn cup holders into a wine/beer cooler! :somersault:

Funny you say that because earlier this week I was wondering if I could redirect the passenger air vent to the cup holder above so I can keep a can of pop (or beer!) cool with the aircon on. Wondering if I could drill a hole in the vent then attach some piping to the cup holder so when I close that vent the air would be forced up to the cup holder. Not sure how practical it would be but in theory it sounds possible?

I have one of these Tefal spill proof travel mugs. It’s brilliant and keeps frocks warm or come for ages. Fits in the dash top holders just as it’s right against the screen. But also goes in door pocket and never spills provided you remember to close it. Throw it in a rucksack most morning to cycle to work.

Funny you say that because earlier this week I was wondering if I could redirect the passenger air vent to the cup holder above so I can keep a can of pop (or beer!) cool with the aircon on. Wondering if I could drill a hole in the vent then attach some piping to the cup holder so when I close that vent the air would be forced up to the cup holder. Not sure how practical it would be but in theory it sounds possible?
Just direct the airflow to the screen, keeps mine cold with the a/c on.

hi what are the dimensions of the dash cup holders? i would check myself but im at work at the mo and don't have the van

Back