Possibly a bit trivial but: cup holders WTF?

Sockettrousers

Obviously more important than the weedy headlights and leaky windows I read about here is the rubbish cup holders in my new T6. Not sure I'm up for replacing the dash to get a couple of cup holders and a champagne fridge but that leaves me with the massive door bins and the tiny dash top holders*.

I'm distraught since my insulated mug doesn't fit in either (massive rattle in door, spill coffee all over my feet in dash). Even just an insulated mug that fits in the dash top would be nice...

* only good thing I've found so far is that they hold a pint glass.

It's either back to the dealer's to find one the right size for the dash, wrap your current one in foam for the door, or find an accessory shop that doesn't mind you nipping in and out to the car park to trial fit their offerings :rofl:. Your journey down the extras and accessories road starts here :whistle:

Seems a pretty poor idea, a hot drink can steam the windscreen up, a macdonalds cup seems to be too good a fit, fitting more like an engineered taper !. The pockets dont come out of the dash for cleaning, and if you spill 'owt it runs down to the bottom of the windscreen, where you can't clean it anyway. And while i'm on a roll, i miss the the little clip thing on the top of the dash of the previous model, which was handy for fuel receipts.

Must get round to sorting a travel mug that fits.. But I use mine for coke... Don't all snort at once! Lol.. & I meant in disgust lol

I use the folding storage tray in the centre seat, bonus of having the double passenger seat. I dont mind the dash cup holders, spot on for Macdonalds coffee.

Maybe some T6 Forum cupholders will become available in the future that fit snugly.

The comfort dash one is better but still only holds small cups and pretty much sticks into the passengers right knee.

Best cup holders were in my Golf R32; firstly it had a magic six disk CD player in the dash; where the CDs went once inserted remains a mystery.

But then the cupholders; lightly press a beautifully damped button on the dash and behold the engineering masterpiece as this contraption gracefully emerged, opening like a well crafted mechanical butterfly into the best holder ever made; held any size cup securely. Yes it blocked the stereo slightly but did I care? No.

What do I get in my otherwise well designed M135i (and the old 335d)? Two deep holes; drop your drink in, run the serious risk of popping the lid off a takeaway cup and dropping your latte all over your posh leather seats. Dammit.

Even the Subaru does better.

Chin off the dash cup holders and put some speakers in there..
Starbucks travel mugs fit into the dash holders perfectly. the 'Venti' size is alittle to tall for the windscreen and easy access but the Grande size is spot-on.

I think that these cups would be ideal for the forum travel mugs. if you could find the source?

Chin off the dash cup holders and put some speakers in there..
Starbucks travel mugs fit into the dash holders perfectly. the 'Venti' size is alittle to tall for the windscreen and easy access but the Grande size is spot-on.

I think that these cups would be ideal for the forum travel mugs. if you could find the source?
When it comes to Starbucks beverage containers I knew you'd have your finger on the pulse @Fish.

The current take away ones can not, due to the different materials used to create the cups.. i.e cups have a mix of plastic and paper which is not recyclable.
Starbucks now offer 'reusable' cups that they will wash for you before each drink purchased.

Second that fish, Starbucks travel mug fits perfectly but you still need arms like an orangutan to reach it:confused:

In mine there is, paid extra for folding storage, not that you can store anything there, apart from a piece of A4 paper.

Back