Porsche 996

sparkywig

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I've been after a Porsche for the best part of 50 years, and have realised that if I don't act now they'll all be out of financial reach.
So, does anybody have any experience of Porsche 996's, more specifically Carrera 2's?

I went with Spyderperformance ones. Front and rear with new cross braces at the rear as well. Have been sitting in the boxes for about 18 months now mind you.

The eccentric bolts can seize and be a royal PITA to remove. I was lucky and all mine were free when I changed the shocks. I had the geo set up at Centre Gravity near Atherstone. Night and day difference to the handling!

My rears went on easily, probably due to the fact the coffin arms and tuning forks had been changed recently.
The fronts were a royal PITA though. Front offside caliper and anti-roll bar links refusing to come undone. Geo booked for Saturday, using X74 settings.

It was a Ducati I had (sadly not anymore) @Paynewright.
Whilst I don’t have a bike licence, and at 50+ years of age have not intention of getting one, I really like the design of some of the Ducatis - the gold painted steel tube framed ones in particular. Subject to lotto win, I’d have one in the garage and let my biker mates ride it, so its used and not just a museum piece. A friend of a friend collects them and has 30+

Ducati also made boat engines - I remember spotting one in an old fishing boat in Lakka, Paxos.

Last edited:
Back