Pop top- westdubs or austops?

Pedro20001

Auto assembly technician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all, pretty much filtered choices down to these two manufacturers ( unless anyone else recommends a similar roof in this budget of upto 4000 ) what's everyone's experience and opinions as which one is best for my t6.1? Thanks all on advance

All I can say is that I’ve got a Westdubs on my T6 and I’m very happy with it. Sorry but I’ve no experience wit’s Austops.

Just had a westdubs fitted, haven't used it yet but very pleased with it, although I don't have anything to compare it to!

If I was you, I’d have Westdubs and I’d have it fitted by them too. You will need to travel to their factory near Worcester. But you will not be disappointed! You’ve got to be really good to win me over and Westdubs did in spades ! Their customer service is bloody brilliant.

If I was you, I’d have Westdubs and I’d have it fitted by them too. You will need to travel to their factory near Worcester. But you will not be disappointed! You’ve got to be really good to win me over and Westdubs did in spades ! Their customer service is bloody brilliant.
That's fantastic to hear, I'm only an hour away from them so I'll give them a bell next week. :thumbsup:

The Guy to meet there is Andy. He really is a craftsman. To be fair the whole team are very competent.

The Guy to meet there is Andy. He really is a craftsman. To be fair the whole team are very competent.
Fantastic matey, really appreciate your help . Its a minefield when you first start looking but the advice on this forum , as usual , has been awsome, thankyou everyone :)

Austops on my T6 more than happy with it great roof and comfy bed up there , all i will say is if its gel coated to match your paint and i guess this goes for all tops make sure you deep polish it wax etc at least once or twice a year as the gel coat will gevelop flat spots due to sun exposure …. I've now wrapped mine .

Austops on my T6 more than happy with it great roof and comfy bed up there , all i will say is if its gel coated to match your paint and i guess this goes for all tops make sure you deep polish it wax etc at least once or twice a year as the gel coat will gevelop flat spots due to sun exposure …. I've now wrapped mine .
Thanks Gary will do :thumbsup:

Westdubs on ours and no problems. Seals well and no rattles. Just wish it was slightly higher at the back as the lad is getting too big for roof bed now and a little more height would help. Not sure if that’s any different on others apart from the hilo tho.

Westdubs on ours and no problems. Seals well and no rattles. Just wish it was slightly higher at the back as the lad is getting too big for roof bed now and a little more height would help. Not sure if that’s any different on others apart from the hilo tho.
Thats good to hear, we're both quite short so not too much of a problem then :thumbsup: .

Any idea which poptops do have the most foot room?

We hired a camperking and whatever was on that did seem rather cramped, they kids are also shooting upwards :/

Any idea which poptops do have the most foot room?
Without a doubt, that would be the Hilo Sport roof (as was - now called the Horizon roof)...
1698880239909.png

Last edited:
Back