Pop-Top Roof Bed Hinges

1ambretta

I have been reading articles on this forum for a short while, I now joined and I have a question if anyone can help.
I bought a T6 recently with a pop top roof already fitted.
I now want to add a roof bed to my van.
I would like a favour from someone please, could someone please post/send a photo of the hinges that they have fitted to their roof bed. I can then see the size of the hinges and location of the fitment etc.
I have already located the pop top bed board struts online from "transporter HQ", although I am yet to purchase the struts until I have a clear picture of it all.
Alternatively if someone has a link to the hinges fitted online I will purchase that way.
Thanks in advance.

I had mine fitted they didn’t use a piano hinge and has came of twice so far… toolstation & screw fix hinges only look suitable for doll house repairs!

I used piano hinge for mine. I did a bi-fold bed to give extra headroom. LWB van.
I used these struts from sgs: GS6-15-260-300 Fixed Force Gas Strut
And I used Mk4 golf boot struts as the fixed bar at the front.
View attachment 153967
That looks great, did you just screw the rear small section down into the poptop chassis directly?

That looks great, did you just screw the rear small section down into the poptop chassis directly?
Yes, I put in that piece to create a storage area upstairs when the bed is up. It also allowed the bed to get closer to the roof so that there was good headroom downstairs during the day.

Yes, I put in that piece to create a storage area upstairs when the bed is up. It also allowed the bed to get closer to the roof so that there was good headroom downstairs during the day.
Hi @paddy26, please can you tell me what you used to fix the rear small section to the chassis? Thanks

Hi @paddy26, please can you tell me what you used to fix the rear small section to the chassis? Thanks
2 screws into the support frame on either side. And I think I put one bracket in the middle at the rear, connected to the rear support frame.

Back