Pop top bed extender.

OurSam

Has anyone extended their pop top bed?
At 6’2” it’s simply not long enough, not only that but the pillow falls through the hole (above the driver/passenger seat)!
I did think about wrapping a piece of ply in the same covering and dropping that in to the space - thoughts?

Has anyone extended their pop top bed?
At 6’2” it’s simply not long enough, not only that but the pillow falls through the hole (above the driver/passenger seat)!
I did think about wrapping a piece of ply in the same covering and dropping that in to the space - thoughts?
Yeah can do that, depending what roof you have you could taper it too so the pillow stays in place, I about to extend mine and hinge it so when it’s set as a bed I can stand it upright to stop the kids drop stuf over or falling down

My 7YO son fell through that hole on Saturday night! Heard a bang and he was on the front seat! o_O

The first time he fell out he would’ve been four. Heard a bang and he was gone. He’d bounced under the RIB bed!

The first time he fell out he would’ve been four. Heard a bang and he was gone. He’d bounced under the RIB bed!
I like the fact he’s had practice at it lol maybe some old cardboard boxes like the stunt men used to fall in in the eighties might help

I found that drunk people think that coming down head first is best, it does stop them standing on the armrests though..

Good effort looks decent ...when do you estimate mass production will be ready
After I stop swearing at everything lol, bit fiddly to do I’m no upholsterer, but I’ve probably got enough canvas rivets and buckles to make another five or six, I could make up little kits and send out and you can do your own sewing

Back