Pop top safety net

Does anyone use a pop top safety net for their kids sleeping up top?? Our 6 and 3 year old sleep up there and think it’s the dogs, but wondering if we should purchase a safety net to stop them (or their pillows) falling down. What are peoples experience of them?? I’ve only found one supplier so far (as the official VW doesn’t fit)…

My one has a board that goes in vertically into groves cut into the board near the opening. However we don’t bother with it and it sits in the garage. Our kids are 5 and 7 and haven’t had an issue.

I know some have nets which may be easier but the board was a faff. Guessing you could buy a cargo net from Amazon and fashion one your self. Would need to make sure size is correct for your opening.

Ooh, I like the idea of just making one from a cargo net. Seems like an easy enough fix if I can get one the right size (I’ll measure when I get home!!) and much cheaper option! Thanks for link too!

Ooh, I like the idea of just making one from a cargo net. Seems like an easy enough fix if I can get one the right size (I’ll measure when I get home!!) and much cheaper option! Thanks for link too!
If you do go cargo net route make sure you buy one that has anchors that can be screwed in (like the one I linked) and is a good fit for the size remembering they can be stretched. Also look for a heavy duty one which can support the weight required.

Yeah thanks for that, I’ll keep that in mind. I was thinking of screwing the bottom of the net to the bed board (under the mattress) and then securing the top of the net to the handles already on the roof for pulling it down. It’s more to stop them loosing their pillows in the night. They’ve slept up there a bit now and only been close to falling out the very first time (and that was only the littlest one)

Back