Pop top 5cm mattress uncomfortable

That's obviously an optional extra? I was not offered this by my conversion company.
I may call Austops to enquire.

Last edited:
What does foli sprung mean? I have an Austops and I have the mattress, but it just sits on a plywood base. I think I'm missing out on the "foli sprung" bit!
Talk to Austops about the Froli base that will solve all your comfort issues

Try a memory foam mattress , much more comfortable . We have one in the poptop that stays up there and is extremely comfortable - it’s a 5cm
Hiya, You state a 5cm memory foam stays in your roof, what roof is it? I have a skyline Aurora and don’t think it will take anymore than 2.5cm /1 inch memory foam and allow full closure. Thanks

Hi, just putting it out there regarding mattresses for pop tops. I bought a 5cm self inflating double one that fits and can still close the roof for travelling but I find that it’s not that comfy. Is there anything good out there that anyone can recommend which also allows the roof to close when left up there?

Cheers
Hi,
Ours is actually a roof called POP TOPs built I think in Newcastle upon Tyne and it gives us room for approx 7cm from the solid upstairs bed to the roof. We have just also purchased a kilos blow up mattress as my wife says that the 5cm memory foam still hurts her hips(great getting old)
Will be fully tested this week so shall see how that works for her. Top tip though, bought a very small inflater from Go Outdoors (other camping places) also available and it blows up and deflated within 1 min each so dead easy and very small to pack away

i have below, it fit when all the air is squeezed out, i actual slide it all the way forward and use is to 'sound proof' the pop top at the front just need a stick to keep it up.

i have below, it fit when all the air is squeezed out, i actual slide it all the way forward and use is to 'sound proof' the pop top at the front just need a stick to keep it up.

Hiya, Yes I also have 2 x Vango SIM 7.5cm, problem is they are a few years old and although comfortable they seem to have a mind of their own and re-inflate when the valves are closed which causes the roof to get pushed open with the pressure!

Hi, we are looking at this you mentioned last year. Which pop top do you have please? We are struggling to figure out the most comfortable that we can leave up there as space is crucial travelling with kids! TIA

Hi, we are looking at this you mentioned last year. Which pop top do you have please? We are struggling to figure out the most comfortable that we can leave up there as space is crucial travelling with kids! TIA
We're also trying to find something for the kids up top. I have an Outwell Sleepin SIM that at 7.5cm does not fit in the Skyline Standard pop top. I guess it may if you took it out and squeezed all the air out but we just want something where opening valve would be enough.

Back