PIONEER SPN-D160DAB Problem.

Sheppy

I have had the Pioneer SPN-D160DAB professionally installed in my 2018 T6. Some time when I start the van the unit turns off and then restarts after about a minute. Also the steering wheel controls won't work, but not at the same time as the unit turns off and the on. The software has been updated by the auto electricians. Anyone had the same problem?

Hi. Do they have to use an interface, can they go direct?
This is the 2nd unit and it worse than the first. The unit turns off almost every day for a minute then starts up.
Yes it will have a interface between the pioneer and the vehicles wiring loom.. it maybe this is faulty, or it may need a voltage stabiliser

I contacted the company today, there isn't a interface required for this model. They are going to contact pioneer again.

I contacted the company today, there isn't a interface required for this model. They are going to contact pioneer again.
There must be a CanBus interface between the vehicles loom and the pioneer, as the pioneer will not plug in, plus you have audio controls on the steering wheel

Pioneer are looking into the problem. I'll wait for them to get back to me. I don't want to damage any of the trim and they say I've damaged the unit.

Pioneer are looking into the problem. I'll wait for them to get back to me. I don't want to damage any of the trim and they say I've damaged the unit.
Just remembered , these 160dabs and a few other pioneer units when they were first launched had missing software for the steering wheel controls, I have a software patch at work , so can email it over, drop it on a usb stick and then you just need to plug it into the usb and it will upload automatically

Pioneer have said it's a crank voltage problem. There is a fix for that. It goes in next Friday.
I think they might take a supply straight from the battery or something like that.

Back