Picture \ image uploading. Where to?

TheOldGoat

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi folks, I've had a look around the posts but can't find any info.
Where do you store pictures that you upload, I'm guessing that the forum itself does not host them.
I used to use photobucket but gave up when they charged for linking.

If I post pictures I would like them to be visible for ever and a day as it were.
There's nothing worse than reading a post then all the images are missing showing the very thing you want to see!

What is the best size or does that not matter?
Any suggestions \ recommendations for a new member?

Best regards The old goat.

Hi folks, I've had a look around the posts but can't find any info.
Where do you store pictures that you upload, I'm guessing that the forum itself does not host them.
I used to use photobucket but gave up when they charged for linking.

If I post pictures I would like them to be visible for ever and a day as it were.
There's nothing worse than reading a post then all the images are missing showing the very thing you want to see!

What is the best size or does that not matter?
Any suggestions \ recommendations for a new member?

Best regards The old goat.
The forum will host them. Use the attach files button

CC0AC140-E14D-42D5-B349-AEEFA2130DB5.jpeg

Thanks Deaky, I have to be honest and had not noticed the attach files button.
Previous forum I was on wouldn't host them and left lots of broken links.

Thanks.

I made the decision early on that the forum would host it’s own images, it’s obviously costs a bit more for storage as time goes on but I think it’s worth it

Nothing worse that searching around the net for a bit of cryptic info to eventually stumble across the holy grail post from 10 years ago that explains everything you need to know in a series of pictures that aren’t there !!

As long as the site is still being used and we are covering our hosting fees then all content will be kept indefinitely

Back