Photography

It closes at the end of this month until the Spring. We hope to get there one more time this year.

Pete

Sorry, messed up the commentary: Shooting range in Florida, IPhone 7 is amazing really, you can see why some say smart phones have killed photography.

Sorry, messed up the commentary: Shooting range in Florida, IPhone 7 is amazing really, you can see why some say smart phones have killed photography.
I think SLR cameras can still outperform ‘phones’ in some areas, but I agree smartphones are fantastic, and I find the phone is much better in sorting out light, i.e low light, sunsets.

I always say, it don’t matter how many or what’s the best camera you own... the best camera will always be the one I have with me.
.. and thats the thing with the phone, it’s with you 99% of the time.

I like your photo, just shows the speed and quality, as you say the phone gives us. :thumbsup:

You can clearly see the recoil of the gun in the blur, great shot..

I think SLR cameras can still outperform ‘phones’ in some areas, but I agree smartphones are fantastic, and I find the phone is much better in sorting out light, i.e low light, sunsets.

I always say, it don’t matter how many or what’s the best camera you own... the best camera will always be the one I have with me.
.. and thats the thing with the phone, it’s with you 99% of the time.

I like your photo, just shows the speed and quality, as you say the phone gives us. :thumbsup:
Agreed, I love my "proper" photography gear, but many of my favourite pics have been taken on my iPhone. The live photo function as in @Vinci great gun pic above is brilliant for sorting through the frames to find exactly the right moment. It's how I got this one of my granddaughter C02A7410-FA0D-42CA-A48D-80D0AB946C6F.jpeg
Another way of catching the moment with an iPhone is to take video at the maximum res and then use an app called video2photo to pull an individual frame. I used this here to freeze a very fast moving bullet train in Tokyo as if it was standing still
5EB44D78-DC4B-4965-BB39-B82CC866C9A0.png

Last edited:
Back