Phone holders

I use a Belkin Air vent mount for my iPhone 12pro,

it’s totally marvellous, it never falls off it just sticks to the phone, brilliant

also use a magnetic charging plug with the little adaptor that goes into the bottom of the phone, never been a problem

Thanks for the help guys.
I purchased the Brodit one that covers the vent last wee.Wasn’t convinced it would work for me but it does.Very well designed and very sturdy.

Reactions: CAB
Mine sits in the lidded cubby hole next to gear shift as the iPhone cable is in there too. Thankfully the message flashes up to remember your phone when taking the keys out.
Snap, mine too plus that is where the wireless charger resides.

Is it just me, but I’ve never had nor seen the need for a phone holder, everything is on the infotainment screen.

Plenty of info on here about the brodit holders. is there anyone out there familiar with one of the top rated ones on Amazon by vanmass?

32906C7F-C8E1-427D-96C2-A88CD378C202.png

@Dellmassive does this vent mounted bracket then make that vent inoperable?
also, is the magnet strength strong enough that it hasn’t fallen off at all?
the vent is still operational - albeit the phone is in front of the air flow.

i found that the cheaper Chinese copy's can be a bit weak strength causing the phone to drop off over bumps.

so now i stick with Branded names.

Basically SPIGEN is all i use now for phone holders and cases. . . . used then for years and never been let down.

i have two of these in the van . . .

1634113587452.png

and i use these with them . . .

i dont stick them to the phone or case . . . i just slip one in-between the phone and case, so as i change phones and cases i just move the plate over.

1634113634661.png

didnt realise these were from 2017 & 2018 - and still going strong !!!!

1634113862038.png

the vent is still operational - albeit the phone is in front of the air flow.

i found that the cheaper Chinese copy's can be a bit weak strength causing the phone to drop off over bumps.

so now i stick with Branded names.

Basically SPIGEN is all i use now for phone holders and cases. . . . used then for years and never been let down.

i have two of these in the van . . .

View attachment 132974

and i use these with them . . .

i dont stick them to the phone or case . . . i just slip one in-between the phone and case, so as i change phones and cases i just move the plate over.

View attachment 132975

didnt realise these were from 2017 & 2018 - and still going strong !!!!

View attachment 132976
Thanks for the reply….good info

I've been using one similar to @Dellmassive for ages but mine is fixed to the 'lip' of the otherwise uselsss top tray - I also use a couple of extra magnets to ensure the phone doesn't creep downwards. However, I ordered one of these earlier today: Groov-e Universal Automatic In-Car Holder with Wireless Charging 10W 5060108295154 | eBay (I was particularly attracted by the wireless charging bit). I'll report back in due course.
The phone holder/charger that I mentioned above arrived today and I have now tried it - pics below. Although I've not yet driven with the phone on the holder, it certainly charges the phone and seems to hold it firmly enough when stationary. There even seems to be a little IR sensor that opens and closes the motorised jaws when you put the phone close and go to remove it. However, one thing that concerns me, but only a little bit (I think!) is that it will continue to draw power even when the phone is removed and ignition is off (both of my 12V sockets are permanently live). If it's only the LED charge indicator drawing the power, I suspect it won't be a major issue but I should be grateful if any of you electrickery experts out there could give me a bit of assurance (or otherwise). Charger 2.jpgCharger 1.jpgCharger 3.jpg

The phone holder/charger that I mentioned above arrived today and I have now tried it - pics below. Although I've not yet driven with the phone on the holder, it certainly charges the phone and seems to hold it firmly enough when stationary. There even seems to be a little IR sensor that opens and closes the motorised jaws when you put the phone close and go to remove it. However, one thing that concerns me, but only a little bit (I think!) is that it will continue to draw power even when the phone is removed and ignition is off (both of my 12V sockets are permanently live). If it's only the LED charge indicator drawing the power, I suspect it won't be a major issue but I should be grateful if any of you electrickery experts out there could give me a bit of assurance (or otherwise). View attachment 133184View attachment 133185View attachment 133186
Thanks for the update @Ayjay
Do you just have it clipped on to the trim there, rather than stuck to the screen?

Yes and here's a picture - the scratches on the plastic 'lip' were caused by the rather aggressive metal clamp of my old magnetic holder and I suspect I'll probably cover them up some point.
20211014_150049.jpg

The phone holder/charger that I mentioned above arrived today and I have now tried it - pics below. Although I've not yet driven with the phone on the holder, it certainly charges the phone and seems to hold it firmly enough when stationary. There even seems to be a little IR sensor that opens and closes the motorised jaws when you put the phone close and go to remove it. However, one thing that concerns me, but only a little bit (I think!) is that it will continue to draw power even when the phone is removed and ignition is off (both of my 12V sockets are permanently live). If it's only the LED charge indicator drawing the power, I suspect it won't be a major issue but I should be grateful if any of you electrickery experts out there could give me a bit of assurance (or otherwise). View attachment 133184View attachment 133185View attachment 133186
Great if you have wireless CarPlay

Great if you have wireless CarPlay
Chance would be a fine thing. I've got a bog standard audio system (ie. without satnav or, in my case, Android Auto) and since the demise of my TomTom Go 6200 sat nav just after we drove out of the tunnel at Calais a few weeks ago, I've been relying on my phone for navigation and the new holder is perfect for it. In an ideal world, I would have had a more advanced ICE system installed by now but if what @Absolut5 says is anything to go by, when they could actually install a decent Kenwood set up is anybodys guess as they can't get any deliveries of the things.

Back