Personal number plates

Will I look like a Prat?

• Yes, remember your roots

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • No, aspire to rise above your station

Votes: 61 81.3%

• Total voters
I reckon to someone that want's it, it's £1000 all day long.
If someone wants it enough and has the money to throw away, it could be worth a lot more. It's just a case of finding that one person who's silly enough and has the other two qualifications as well.

There will be a Simpsons fan somewhere with deep pockets. Hit one of the fan forums first, you'll get more from there.

If someone wants it enough and has the money to throw away, it could be worth a lot more. It's just a case of finding that one person who's silly enough and has the other two qualifications as well.

I dare say that members of Vivaro or Transit forums could say the same out people who buy Transporters. At least with a nice number plate, it stands a chance of going up in value, and despite how much you use it, it's never going to wear out.

Bought my van 4 weeks ago, the seller claims the log bog was sent away to DVLA, Still no sign of the new V5. Like people say, why not just go online, type in the info and hey presto, new log book in 3/4 days.

Bought my van 4 weeks ago, the seller claims the log bog was sent away to DVLA, Still no sign of the new V5. Like people say, why not just go online, type in the info and hey presto, new log book in 3/4 days.

12 weeks.

Apparently there's a pandemic or summat ?? :slow rofl:

Turns out the company I bought my van off had a malfunction regarding sending the v5 off to DVLA, I got the 11 digit code off them, went online, boom, now in my name with new V5 en-route. Instead of employing loads of incompetent admin,accounts teams move with the times.

What are you actually asking as I dont understand the question?

I think what he is saying is it is that people 'like me' that have their initials on their number plates, have a meaning for the random letters, but to everyone else, they are just that. Random letters.

I think I've shared my opinion on miss-spaced numbers and letters that are supposed to read as something different before. :thumbsdown:

I think I've shared my opinion on miss-spaced numbers and letters that are supposed to read as something different before. :thumbsdown:

On Pistonheads you’d get shot for a misplaced plate. :laugh:

We’ve got loads of plates on our work vans, but we never mis-space them for fear of getting them taken off us.

I thought that there was a law about misplaced letters. That said, I'm also another one of those that just doesn't get why you would want a plate that doesn't actually spell your name correctly with or without misplaced spacing.

I'm also another one of those that just doesn't get why you would want a plate that doesn't actually spell your name correctly with or without misplaced spacing.
Because I can't get a plate that does spell my name correctly. Plus it hides the year of the vehicle, making it look older, which works for me.:thumbsup:

Back