Paying Deposit Tomorrow..final Questions Before I Pull The Trigger!

Got a 24hr test drive on Monday. Finances dont allow me to get the LED lights..But worst case..ill upgrade the bulbs. Thanks to everyone on this awesome site for your advice and good ideas.

Another one confirming that the H4 lights are really, unbelievably AWFUL. They would disgrace a 1970s car. I have to drive permanently with the fog lights on at night to see the sides of the road, and limit my speed to 40mph!
And that's with an upgrade to +130 bulbs.
I will be upgrading to H7s when I can afford it, but the H4s are a dangerous joke.

When I asked local dealer about trying to find a s/hand or ex demo with LED lights there was much sucking of teeth and 'oh not many folk really specify these, they are too expensive' - utter garbage. However their suggested solution was potentially fitting these:
Lazer ST4 LED Spot Light Twin Grille Kit - VW T6 - Vanstyle
Still nearly £600 but allegedly make a big difference and look quite a neat installation, not sure if they might be a tad easy to remove if someone was so inclined.

Does it have to be a new van? mine was an ex demo, 204 dsg LWB, 6k on the clock and loaded with just about everything, list new price was just shy of £49.5k and I was 29k plus vat and got a 2 year service pack included. There are some well specced demos on the go and dealers will be needing to shift to them to make room for the all the pre registered 19 plates next month.

Those look great - but surely, they are just for use on main beam? If so, when a car comes towards you, and you switch to dipped beam, you'll be back in almost pitch dark!

Agree with you about the deals to be done on nearly-new - ours was highly specified (apart from the headlights!), 18 months old, 8,000 miles on the clock, and cost at least £12K less than new.

@kiter I can believe mot many specify them from the number of H4 T6's you see on the road. Most vans are bought for work and the guy getting them don't worry about them especally if it is a company van. You can get some good LED conversions now that people have fitted on here

It's just the price of the LED systems which makes me splutter. I think the H7 conversion bought through the Forum sounds a good compromise - but it really shouldn't be necessary!

Well..had my testdrive...and the paperwork is in. Enjoyed it..but I imagine since my T6 wont have lowered suspension, and 20 inch sportline rims (this is what the demo had) the ride will be different. The roads in Edinburgh are are combination of ok and sh!t. For anyone whos driven these roads..you know what I mean. Best Insurance quote I got was £360 (fully comp, 9yrs+ NC + protect NC too) Best Gap Insurance quote was ALA ( over 4 yrs 20k @ £306). Once I've had it awhile, and decided whether its a keeper or not..I might splurge or a few more add ons. I do really like the LED lights...but Ill probably just upgrade to the H7's, and add a tail spoiler..easy stuff. Is there any other little addons worth investing in? Many thanks for all the advice.

I bought some VW side protection bars, as the T6 seems very naked and unprotected without. Main dealer fitted them for me.

IMG_20190217_105611302_HDR.jpg

Met my VW dealer Randomly at the shops yesterday. He mentioned while chatting..that there is a possibility that VW might add 10% onto new vans if Uk leaves EU with no deal. Dont want to wade into some political debate on this site..but VW group has already added 10% to new Porsches...but was told if this was the case it would prob add 3k to my van price...and if i wanted to cancel..VW would allow this. Great start to the week :( ...has anyone else been told this? Wot a bummer.

Yup I’ve heard the same

Fingers crossed it all happens - about time the EU realised the size and importance of the uk market.

Almost as big an issue is the wltp tests. No delivery between May and October by the looks

My est delivery time on my sheet is 14th May..do you think that will be pushed back? I've not heard back from my dealer about a build/ delivery...i take i should prepare for him telling me Im not getting it in May? Where did u here there were no deliveries between may and Oct?

What i also dont understand is that I've signed the paperwork..how can vw change the price whenever they feel like it...yet im bound by my signature on their contract.

What i also dont understand is that I've signed the paperwork..how can vw change the price whenever they feel like it...yet im bound by my signature on their contract.
I'm sure you'll find in the small print that the price quoted would be subject to any changes in tax or duty that happen before delivery. They don't leave things like that to chance.

Back