Paying Deposit Tomorrow..final Questions Before I Pull The Trigger!

Ozbar jim

T6 Pro
Ok..

So I go-to my VW dealer tomorrow, and pay a deposit to get the ball rolling on a T6 Kombi..but after reading lots of great info on this site..i think I'm slightly more confused than i was before..

2 Questions..

1. Diesel. I'm hearing more and more on the news/interweb/social media about how this fuel is gonna end up being more expensive than unleaded and its unpopularity in general from governments and enviormentalists. Congestion charges, Higher road tax..basically negative stuff..lol. The fact is that I probably won't be doing more that 5/6k miles a year, and 2/3rds will be town driving..should I seriously consider a TSI???

2. Extras. Now I know this is totally subjective, but I kept it simple. Is there a consensus on this site about extras that are absolutely a must from VW? This a list of what I ordered: 150ps DSG swb, Upgraded Audio, parking sensors and rear camera, comfort Dashboard w/ wide ctr console & iridium paint.

This is my first T6..and i desperately want to get this right...

many thanks everyone!

Welcome aboard Jim :thumbsup:

1. There is now no TSi model available to order new. It's been dropped in the UK, so that decision isn't one you need to grapple with

2. I don't see the LED headlight upgrade in your list. As you say, if you've read "lots of great info on this site" (or any other site) you will know it's pretty much accepted as an essential upgrade. In my opinion, I even think it could affect your van's residual value/desirability if you don't have LED's these days. I think people looking for used T6's in future will have factory LED's high on their shopping list.

One other point. Although there is nothing firm yet, there has been quite a bit of press coverage about a face lifted T6 coming out very imminently. It could even be from this coming September onward. Personally, I never buy new cars on the cusp of a model update. Obviously, it's pretty much the best way to maximise your depreciation curve over time

Last edited:
Already mentioned but just to add my 2 pence - Take it from someone that failed to heed the warnings, upgrade to LED's!!!

I did read about the LED's..but I dismissed it cause..well they're just headlights. The reason i upgraded the Audio is because the rear camera will only work on the upgraded unit..or so i've been told...unfortuneatly its all about the cash and monthly payments. Can i not buy these later on and just retro fit them??

Its possible but you are looking over £2k to do it afterwards

Factory tow bar prep if this was something you would end up adding later..

Since this is a 4 yr lease..with an option to buy at the end or sell it back to VW..I'll probably add these options..even if a bit expensive..after I've worked out whether I'm going to keep this vehicle..id hate to spend a ton of cash then realise that the T6 wasn't a keeper.

so £300 more to do it later?

You'll find it's a lot more than £300 difference to have original OEM retro-fitted. It'll be more like £3,000 + VAT fitted

I'm pretty sure you can't just fit the LED units, as UK law says you have to have auto-leveling and headlight wash with LED's. If you don't, it's an MOT fail.

These guys have a lot of experience and it underpins just how expensive retrofitting OEM is compared to specifying the factory build :

Genuine T6 Full LED Headlight Upgrade Supply & Fit

I'm pretty sure you can't just fit the LED units, as UK law says you have to have auto-leveling and headlight wash with LED's. If you don't, it's an MOT fail.

I thought this, so how do the people who fit aftermarket LED's make them legal to pass MOT?

Wow..lol..they look good, but that's alot of cash. So for the 1700 odd pound it costs..is that whats offered on that link? Front and rear led's, self leveling too? To be fair thats a bargain from VW if thats all theyre charging..lol

I thought this, so how do the people who fit aftermarket LED's make them legal to pass MOT?

Not 100% sure but my understanding is that the independent non OEM after markets are actually not LED's, they are OEM LED 'look' .... hence the reason you see posts about people wanting to upgrade the bulbs in those units and/or complaining they are not much brighter than the standard set up

For what its worth, if I had to choose OEM lights or the Upgraded Audio I would pick the lights every time.

The audio is much more easily and cheaper to retro fit, and come sale time will be easier to remove and sell on, if thats what you wanted to do.

Can someone confirm if the rear reversing camera works with the standard audio setup? In terms of selling..its easy as Vw will already have an redemption figure..so that's not a problem.

Some insurance companies, but not all, like to hike up the premiums when vehicles are modified, but take a different view for factory speced options. Might be worth a quick check if you have anything else in mind for later on.

I wonder if any T6's have been Damaged/written off...sitting in a scrapyard with an expensive set of LED lights still attached?...might be worth a look?

Just curious if you're not adding a tow hook what you would need the reversing camera for? Do find the sensors very useful but personally don't see any point in a camera

Back