Paying Deposit Tomorrow..final Questions Before I Pull The Trigger!

Just curious if you're not adding a tow hook what you would need the reversing camera for? Do find the sensors very useful but personally don't see any point in a camera
I have one on mine and would not be with out it. You can reverse useing the mirrors which is what I do all the time even with my car but cehcing the reverse camera lets you know what is behind. It's also good for reversing up to your towball

I wonder if any T6's have been Damaged/written off...sitting in a scrapyard with an expensive set of LED lights still attached?...might be worth a look?
Its not just the lights, its the aliens with little water pistols in the bumper, and the levelling sensors, which I believe are on the ARBs.

I have to reverse my car into a narrow space between my wifes car and a wall..the reverse camera would be very handy since this is a bigger vehicle...do u think the camera would be useless? I've only driven a t6 once..im assuming youve got waaay more experience than me..lol

are the H7's not an option now.....if they are, deffo go at least H7's!!! If you do stick with the H4's, get a decent head torch or pay a chap to walk in front of you with a red flag!

DAB radio is hopeless. I use my phone to listen to digital radio but it links through the app on the VW head unit.
Wouldn’t be without my rear camera.
The LED lights are brilliant (in all senses of the word).
Adaptive cruise control is great if you frequently drive long distances, or through areas you aren’t familiar with as it can be used to keep you the right side of the speed limit. Unfortunately unlike other brands the sensor is low down in the grille and so stops working in the wet or snow. D’oh.

Had factory fit camera and hardly look at it to be honest, just listen to the beeps and use my mirrors. LED headlights if you do any driving at night in unlit areas would be right at the top of my list over any other options including DSG. Had Xenon headlights and DSG on my last T5 and didn't have DSG or the LED headlights due to be a tight git on my T6, don't miss the DSG at all but miss being able to see the road at night.

DAB radio is hopeless. I use my phone to listen to digital radio but it links through the app on the VW head unit.
Wouldn’t be without my rear camera.
The LED lights are brilliant (in all senses of the word).
Adaptive cruise control is great if you frequently drive long distances, or through areas you aren’t familiar with as it can be used to keep you the right side of the speed limit. Unfortunately unlike other brands the sensor is low down in the grille and so stops working in the wet or snow. D’oh.
Eh? Mine has never failed to work whatever the weather, rain, sleet, hail, snow. Might be worth mentioning it to the dealer if it keeps happening

LED Headlights I have to say are absolutely amazing.. incredible difference, but at a price... they look fab too

Amazed that VW would fit sub standard lights..or is this intentional??
Oh yes....it's intentional. Vw are making up for being caught with their pants down over the emissions scandal.....according to a VW dealership worker who's word I trust. Personally, I think they're downright dangerous and I'm not just bleating because it's fashionable to do so....no, I'm bleating because I had the sh*t scared out of me one drizzly dark night when I nearly T boned someone who pulled out on me because he didn't see my headlights as they were masked by other road users who didn't have a couple of candles for headlights! I've taken it to all the relevant agencies (several of us on here have) and described them as downright dangerous....but they have EU type approval so that's that....game over. It never occurred to me in the year 2016 when I bought mine (as a cancelled dealer order) that I'd even have to consider headlights.....I mean, you don't do you.....well yes you do! I'd like to meet the person who authorised them. At the very least, go for H7's....but if the budget allows, get the LED's. Aside from that though, I do love my van....but those H4's....oh boy! Rant over!!:thumbsup:

Used to be an option mate.....I'm led to believe they're considerably better than the H4's but clearly not as good as the LED's....but it all comes down to budget at the end of the day, right?

Used to be an option mate.....I'm led to believe they're considerably better than the H4's but clearly not as good as the LED's....but it all comes down to budget at the end of the day, right?
Mmm not sure they are myself, they are crap in the wet, but them most car lights are. Put it this way VW lights do not fill me with confidence so I try not to drive at night even if mine are H7. Been thinking of changeing the bulbs for brighter ones but don't know what I need.

Mmm not sure they are myself, they are crap in the wet, but them most car lights are. Put it this way VW lights do not fill me with confidence so I try not to drive at night even if mine are H7. Been thinking of changeing the bulbs for brighter ones but don't know what I need.
I don't doubt you @Roadrunner .....I've never had the "luxury" of H7's so can't speak from personal experience. Just going on what's been suggested on here.....but if you think H7's are bad, you wanna try some H4's on wet dark night! Genuinely, from where I'm sat, I think they're downright dangerous....but those in the know say otherwise! My wife even said to me once "you haven't got your headlights on!".....I did! One thing we can all agree on.....LED's are brilliant (and look good too)!:thumbsup:

Any thoughts on upgrading to the 205ps engine?
Dunno about the price diff..also lowered springs..would it look too boy racer??

Hi Ozbar jim,

I would go for the LED lights over the audio, i chose the App connect with the reverse camera but dropped the sat nav, and use your app connect for the sat nav :thumbsup:

Can someone confirm if the rear reversing camera works with the standard audio setup? In terms of selling..its easy as Vw will already have an redemption figure..so that's not a problem.
Yes reversing camera works with standard stereo as that is what I have

Back