PASSENGER Door warning light says its open - it aint.

mommabear

Account Closed
T6 Pro
Dudes
Problem doing my head in.
Mates got a 2017 T6 and the door open warning light on the dash says the passenger door is open.
Randomly came on the other day while we were vacuuming it and it won't go off.
Drove over me VCDS in the summer with a mini digger (don't ask...) I can't use that to look for a fault.

Feel like I should know what to do, but haven't had this before.

Any ideas?

The door generates a switched negative signal to the BCM to tell the van its open/close state
The signal is generated in/by the door locking unit and cabled through into the dash so dont see how hoovering it out could affect this wiring ?

If you need the pinouts for the connections at either end i can look it up for you but think my first stop would be a battery disconnect and see if anything needs resetting (i have had door open issues before by doing connections without disconnecting battery) following by a vcds scan

Should point out if the van thinks the door is open it wont lock !

Thanks Pauly, ill give the battery thing a whizz.
He did tell me he'd had the door panel off on the passenger side some time ago but didn't notice the light on until he was cleaning Pre-lockdown

Maybe disturbed some wiring ?
Theres not many plugs in there so shouldnt be hard to double check

Hi mate
Ok the plot thickens, and so doth my urge to jump off a cliff :)
Electrics are really my Achilles heel I should say upfront, a fellow I knew used to do all things electrical/diagnostic but he's military and now overseas.

For the record, Im ordering a new VCDS as I drove over mine with a mini digger in the summer.
Not only is the door open light on... now the airbag light is on permanent yellow.

Took the door card off, nothing out of place there it seems

Going to be payday before I get anywhere near an new VCDS, all my dosh is in a new van I'm building.

Could this be checkable elsewhere without VCDS? Fuse maybe or something ,like that? I've read horror stories about having to solder new resistors in the switches.
Is there a way to knock these lights off without a vcds? I serviced this van in October no problems.

Biggest problem is that neither of us remember noticing the light until the other day and now the airbag light is yellow.

Its a T6 startline

Airbag light can only be software reset
Carista could be an option, limited programming but will give you faults codes and allow resetting for £15-20

The door open microswitch is at the bottom of the claw of the door catch and can get gummed up.
Spray some contact cleaner or brake cleaner in there and give it a good wash out.

Bit of extra info - the van locks fine - thinking this might just need to be reset
Will do all above though.

God I hate electrics......prolly in the wrong business :p

Bit of extra info - the van locks fine - thinking this might just need to be reset
Will do all above though.

God I hate electrics......prolly in the wrong business :p
The gummed up microswitch has nothing to do with how it closes or locks.
The claw pushes down on it when it opens and stays stuck down after you close the door.
Or that microswitch is failed.

Loads of youtubes on it.

Le plot thickens - Calista Advanced scan said something about door actuator.....cleared the fault but the light has stayed on - now I cant go back to see what the code was. Unlike my own van, the door open light shows the passenger door open whatever door is open - so I can't slim the issue down to one particular door. Do I need to strip out the inner door skin to check the mechanism?
IMG_1129.jpeg

If you had access to VCDS you can see the status of each switch.

Well if you ever head down towards Bristol, you can always call in here and use mine.

Back