Passenger door lock stuck [Resolved]

B1SGH

After fitting a new stereo and speakers to my T6 I managed to reinstall the passenger door card without reconnecting the internal door handle pull!! Now can’t open internal or external and door is now firmly locked shut! Need to remove door card but not sure it’s possible without damaging it. Any tips on how to either open the door or remove the card with door closed? Thank you. Steve

The external door handle would still work, that isn't disconnected when removing the door card

The external door handle would still work, that isn't disconnected when removing the door card
Well it doesn’t now. I can only assume something is interrupting the locking cycle, so now won’t activate the external handle.

That means it's not unlocking, rather than the handle being the problem. So taking the handle off won't help.

Sorry, not much help though

Trying to think what I would do, but there's nothing about fitting speakers that would interrupt the door locking, so not sure what breaking into the door card would achieve. Did you disconnect anything else? Check out this guide in case it helps Thread '[GUIDE] How to remove the carrier assembly from the front door of a T6' [GUIDE] How to remove the carrier assembly from the front door of a T6

Is the button popping up when using central locking?
There's a post on here about removing the door card when the door is shut.
I'll see if I can find it for you.
Not sure if this is the right post but it might help.
Help! Door stuck closed. [Resolved]

Last edited:
That means it's not unlocking, rather than the handle being the problem. So taking the handle off won't help.

Sorry, not much help though
Solved the issues. Had to remove passenger seat and base, b pillar plastics and door step. Managed to undo the two lover door card retainers and then pulled the card off. It was the internal door release hadn’t full retracted and that meant the door was locked even when all others were unlocked. All working and back together now.

Solved the issues. Had to remove passenger seat, base, B pillar plastics and door step. Managed to undo the two lower door card retainers and then pulled the card off. It was a little tight but doable without causing any damage to card or surround. It was the internal door release hadn’t full retracted and that meant the door was locked even when all others were unlocked. All working and back together now. Thank you to all that replied, very helpful. Btw, I built my own camper from a T6 panel van, so spent many hours researching and our community is a wealth of knowledge. Cheers all.

Solved the issues. Had to remove passenger seat and base, b pillar plastics and door step. Managed to undo the two lover door card retainers and then pulled the card off. It was the internal door release hadn’t full retracted and that meant the door was locked even when all others were unlocked. All working and back together now.
Hi @B1SGH when you had this issue were all other doors working with central locking?

Hi @B1SGH when you had this issue were all other doors working with central locking?
Hi Graeme, yes, all locks working, and even the passenger door one, would throw, but the catch would release as not connected to the internal door release. It then twisted slightly jamming it in the locked position. All sorted now as managed to remove door card with door closed! It's tight, but can be done if you are patient.

Hi Graeme, yes, all locks working, and even the passenger door one, would throw, but the catch would release as not connected to the internal door release. It then twisted slightly jamming it in the locked position. All sorted now as managed to remove door card with door closed! It's tight, but can be done if you are patient.
PXL_20220828_093845865.jpg
These plastic locking nuts are impossible to get at. Any tips?

I used a very small spanner from memory that could just get under enough to rotate. It was a fiddle but can be done with a little patience. I also put my phone under to photograph the position of the nut. Look at the other door first as these only have a quarter turn to unlock. Good luck.

PXL_20220828_113206358.jpg
Success. A bit of brute force to get the door card off, new clips will be needed, then a combination of pulling the internal door cable and fiddling with the external handle and cable (see vid , posted by @Loz on another thread) must of freed something.

Connected all back up and no issues. Time to put her back together again before the football.

Happy days. Thanks T6 forum!

I used a very small spanner from memory that could just get under enough to rotate. It was a fiddle but can be done with a little patience. I also put my phone under to photograph the position of the nut. Look at the other door first as these only have a quarter turn to unlock. Good luck.
Just found it!

07DA1EAA-0C11-49EA-96CD-1ECC94A11E5E.jpeg

Back