Help! Door stuck closed. [Resolved]

Pembo

T6 Pro
Hi all after some help with my passenger door issue. I recently changed the crossover in the door and broke the plastic clip holding the door cable. I thought I'd repaired it and put everything back together, initially the door wouldn't close and it felt like the locking mechanism had closed, after driving home with rope holding the door closed I had another look and it closed fine..... For the last time.. Now the door won't open from the fob, external handle or internal handle. The Actuator sounds like it is working but still not able to open the door. I have tried all the Deadlock deactivate tricks, still not opening. I have now managed to remove the door card and carrier to access the Actuator as I think the microswitch may have failed? How can I remove the Actuator without access to the external splines holding the lock mechanism into the door as I don't have access due to the door obviously being locked closed. Any help greatly appreciated and carista is also reporting passenger door lock fault. Cheers Dave

20210804_202418.jpg20210804_202423.jpg20210804_202515.jpg20210804_202434.jpg
This is what I can see and access, managed to get the rear plastic cover off and exposed some of the lock mechanism, any idea on how to manually unlock the door please?

20210804_202330.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it pulling up the door lock pin doesn't work?

Edit: deadlocked. Okay so the pin is isolated

I take it pulling up the door lock pin doesn't work?

Edit: deadlocked. Okay so the pin is isolated
Hi @Andysmee are you referring to the door lock black plastic pip thing? Yep tried that. I have bought a replacement vw unit) not cheap ebay part) considering drilling out the original bolts from inside the door, do you know anyone who has tried or done this previously? Cheers

The lock won’t open if the inside handle is pulling on the cable. I have a bookmark a couple of YouTube videos I’ll post up in the morning so you can see how it works and you might be able to get something down to reset it.

The lock won’t open if the inside handle is pulling on the cable. I have a bookmark a couple of YouTube videos I’ll post up in the morning so you can see how it works and you might be able to get something down to reset it.
If the door card's off presumably the cable is released?

Yes I can re assemble as I think it needs the tension to open maybe? I've ordered a load of door card clips already and think I can get it back on if needed?

Tha, really appreciate it and must of scoured the net for 3 days solid trying to find video or drawing, can only find info with the door being open

I've not managed to try tonight as I'm still crying over Grealish leaving us... Sad day, almost as sad as the day my door failed

On the video the guy shows that the lever on the lock mechanism that the handle pulls, must return without sticking before the other one can be pulled, until then both handles just pull out with no resistance.

I appreciate the orientation of the lock is different on the car but if you get the gist of what he does you may be able to adapt it to what you can see of the lock mech.

Last edited:
I appreciate the orientation of the lock is different on the car but if you get the gist of what he does you may be able to adapt it to what you can see of the lock mech.
Thanks for the post, currently searching for a metal hanger keep you posted

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your help especially @Loz .worked out the cable had jammed itself and once I cut it lose and tried doing what the video shows you to do it finally opened to my utter joy
Case closed #t6forum

View attachment 126654

View attachment 126655
7E0837085A
passenger door cable part number anyone who needs it.
Birmingham vw van centre stocks them including clip! £19.98 Inc of vat
It's nice to appreciate the simple things in life again, like two opening front doors...

Great result. That is a classic case of a simple job ending up taking hours if not days!

Back