Passanger Window Issue

Shaggy46

Hi. When closing the passanger window on my T6 it stops about 2 inches from the top and lowers itself to about half way.
I seems to be tight in the runners.
Has anyone else had this issue and know how best to fix it.
Thanks John

I’m guessing it could be the safety feature thinking something is trapped in the aperture, so I’d start by looking at the rubber channels to see if they stick out or have any gunk in them, along with the bottom strip too.

If that doesn’t work, then you might need to remove the door card and see if the window mech is catching on anything.

@Joolz did you sort yours out?

There's a reset procedure for electric windows. It's on here somewhere.

As above, check that there is nothing trapped. When I fitted wind deflectors, I found it helped to assist the window up into the channel the first few times, otherwise, it detected an issue, and dropped the window. I think it detects excess current being drawn by the motor.

Pete

Hi Shaggy. Had exactly the same problem. After much hassle VW replaced window regulator. Window working perfectly ever since.

From another post:

"If it needs resetting take windows all the way down and hold button down for a few secs then all the way up and hold the switch up for a few extra secs."

Pete

Back