Parking Van Nottingham City Centre

Pezz

VIP Member
I am hoping someone from Nottingham might be able to help. I'm visiting Nottingham next weekend and driving down in my van. I am staying at the Hilton on Milton Street and was hoping to park over the road in Trinity Square Multi-Storey. It says its 2.06m max height - my van is 2.0m [got an SCA roof but also lowered 50mm] so should theoretically be alright. Does anyone from Notts use it and is it OK? If not any ideas for an open-air car park?

Parkopedia app has height restrictions for most carparks in the UK and will show all carparks near to where you are going.

Trinity square car park is great with nice large parking spaces and even dedicated ones for the Hilton Hotel, you are straight across the street from the Hotel. As with any city centre car park normally only one lift working but plenty of clearance for a standard Transporter

Trinity square car park is great with nice large parking spaces and even dedicated ones for the Hilton Hotel, you are straight across the street from the Hotel. As with any city centre car park normally only one lift working but plenty of clearance for a standard Transporter

Thanks - just the info I was hoping for. At 2.0m high I think I am a little higher than standard but only just - sure I will be ok.

I am hoping someone from Nottingham might be able to help. I'm visiting Nottingham next weekend and driving down in my van. I am staying at the Hilton on Milton Street and was hoping to park over the road in Trinity Square Multi-Storey. It says its 2.06m max height - my van is 2.0m [got an SCA roof but also lowered 50mm] so should theoretically be alright. Does anyone from Notts use it and is it OK? If not any ideas for an open-air car park?

I live in Clifton Nottingham, I never use the carparks in the city !
I hate all car parks but when ever I got to use one I take two spaces and but two tickets or pay twice !

I don't trust multi story car parks !

As an alternative I could offer you safe parking on my drive in Clifton, but it would then mean a 2min walk from my house to tram stop (Clifton South) then a 25 min tram ride to city centre costing £3.50 each person return.

Let me know and I can make sure drive clear for you

@ROMANY TAMPIN many thanks for the kind offer. I think I'm going to risk the car park though. The main thing is I'll have a load of stuff with me and need to be city centre really. I was more concerned by the height. I rented a space in Liverpool for years that is marked as 2.1m and when I rocked up in my new van earlier this year after getting rid of my car it wasn't 2.1m it was 1.9m - in places as they had fitted a load of signs to pipework and cable trays - nearly ruined my roof. Has made me rather paranoid...

Back