Parking Sensors - OEM or aftermarket?

andrew butler

T6 Pro
So need to fit rear parking sensors, vw want £270 for 4 fitted and painted but they are not connected to the head unit just beep... after market found this company for £149 fitted or the oem same flush ones for £199 fitted and painted....

Home 2

is it worth sticking with vw ...? what options do i have if i want it connected to the head unit..?

cheers andy

Hi Andy

I would definitely spend the extra and go OE, Far better quality than aftermarket, better sensitivity and of course they are hooked into the CanBus for headunit display

Hi Andy

I would definitely spend the extra and go OE, Far better quality than aftermarket, better sensitivity and of course they are hooked into the CanBus for headunit display

They said they cannot connect it to the head unit only have them beep

I have something you may be interested in, I have the rear sensors and wiring loom all brand new and a second hand control module that came out of my van when it was less than a year old (I added front sensors so had to swap the control module) that could be put together to make a kit ??

I have something you may be interested in, I have the rear sensors and wiring loom all brand new and a second hand control module that came out of my van when it was less than a year old (I added front sensors so had to swap the control module) that could be put together to make a kit ??

So I would just need to paint them and get someone to fit.? Do they fit into the headunit.?

Thanjs andy

No connection to the headunit, they connect to the canbus circuit and communicate with the vehicle that way so the display will appear on the headunit screen, it’s worth noting although the control module is already programmed and setup for rear sensors the vehicle will need coding after install to get it fully functioning

Back