OEM Reverse Camera: will loom already be fitted?

Beaker67

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Folks

I am looking to have if possible a OEM type reverse camera fitted, the ones with lines that move with the steering. Are there any mobile companies that anyone can recommend who can do this.

Secondly does anyone know of a way of checking the existing loom in my the tailgate for the camera connections as I believe being a Highline version it may have the wires from the rear to the front of the cab for this feature but they are just taped up. Would it just be a case of buying the items and plugging them in once they have been configured, or is this just wishful thinking.

My loom according to VW parts shows the connections on there catalogue, so I searched an image of the same loom and wonder if anyone can spot the connections on it

vw tg loom gen.JPG
I have seen some threads on here where people have had aftermarket kits fitted that require the head unit to be tampered with internally, that's not something I want.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

vw tg loom.jpg

This bit on my T6.1 Highline is the OEM camera feed if I remember correctly. It comes in through the tailgate, down the drivers side roof, and connects under the back of the drivers seat.

8B5374FF-2EE7-4FC7-86F1-8CD054EFCD8C.jpeg

There is no wiring in any van that is not in use so will need to be installed

There was only ever a lowline camera (static lines) option for T6 so you will be looking at a borrowed/hybrid kit from another model but it is totally possible
Just search for a retrofit company in your area and they should be able to help

Drop us a message matey let's get your sorted out

Soz for necroposting.

I had a Sharan controller and camera put into my Caravelle so I could have the steering angle bendy lines

See here

Back