Parking pilot and towing electrics fault

bertle

My 2019 T6 Kombi has had a "parking pilot not available " error for a couple of weeks. I have now discovered I also have no towing lights on the factory fitted tow bar. Any ideas where to start looking?

Get full vehicle scan.
VCDS Autoscan would be the best.

Reactions: mmi
So to update this, after a bit of research there are a couple of fuses under the passenger seat which are to do with cruise, park sensors and towing electrics, these were OK. Also under the drivers seat is the towing ecu which communicates with the park sensors so it knows there is a trailer attached, the electrical plug to this had become dislodged probably by the tyre compressor I keep under there. Clicked plug back into place and bingo, all fixed!

So to update this, after a bit of research there are a couple of fuses under the passenger seat which are to do with cruise, park sensors and towing electrics, these were OK. Also under the drivers seat is the towing ecu which communicates with the park sensors so it knows there is a trailer attached, the electrical plug to this had become dislodged probably by the tyre compressor I keep under there. Clicked plug back into place and bingo, all fixed!
Do you remember which colour connector it was? i have same error but havent checked tailor plug yet.
figured i must have dislodged something as had seats out and all the connectors undone.

Back