Painting my brake callipers

davmil

T6 Pro
Hi, i want to paint the callipers on my T6 and would welcome any advice and tips, also not totally sure on the colour yet? The wheels are wolfrace assassins , Black with polished tips and the van is oryx white.

I've used halfords caliper paint on my S8 brakes on my Audi
im going to do the velle ones too seems quite good
takes some heat

5wfq0g.jpg

iyoeae.jpg

Stupid Q time.

How much dismantling did you have to do as prep, just pads out and mask, or callipers off completely and fresh fluid?

Nice job BTW
:thumbsup:

Stupid Q time.

How much dismantling did you have to do as prep, just pads out and mask, or callipers off completely and fresh fluid?

Nice job BTW
:thumbsup:

Wish had the time for these jobs but as i dont i let the detailer do them as he is all set up in a clean unit with a ramp. They were all masked up, no pipes removed so no fluid lost . They have a good finish on them.....see how it last over the winter .

Hi All,
I pondered for a couple of weeks as to whether to paint my T6 callipers red or yellow or even at all, I covered the callipers with coloured insulating tape to help my decision then took a pic on my iPhone and then printed out a glossy pic off my computer. I really wanted the yellow as it was different and i like to be different but every time i saw the red it just pipped it at the post, ( i think the red just looked a little bit more angrier especially given that I've fitted the ABT front splitter )
So this morning i took the van to a small garage up the road from me, I know the lad who runs it and as he was quiet he put it on his 2 poster ramp and between the 2 of us we wire brushed the callipers and sprayed them with brake dust fluid, he then removed them but left them connected to the hydraulics which saved a lot of hassle with the refitting.
We then spent from 9am till 1pm painting them, then we stopped for lunch to let the first coat harden and returned to apply another good thick coat and within half an hour they were ready to be carefully reassembled and any slight marks or missed bits were soon touched in.
The black and polished wolfrace assassins were then refitted and holy cow, "BRACE YOURSELF RODNEY' They look great!!!

Dont be shy post some pictures you know we like shiny things

Sorry, universal forum rules apply....
:sneaky:

Without pics it didnt happen.... :p

Looking forward to seeing the pics though :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How much did you pay?! Looks sick!!
I paid around £800.
This was a drive in one day service,leave your van with them and the next day your done.
Alternatively you can post your Calipers to them and they send back to you.
Apart from the painting I opted for the casting marks to be filed out and filled so the Calipers are nice and smooth.I also opted for the decals which are painted on (not stickers)
Highly recommend this company.
Take a look at their website.

I paid around £800.
This was a drive in one day service,leave your van with them and the next day your done.
Alternatively you can post your Calipers to them and they send back to you.
Apart from the painting I opted for the casting marks to be filed out and filled so the Calipers are nice and smooth.I also opted for the decals which are painted on (not stickers)
Highly recommend this company.
Take a look at their website.
Wow! @Loz must have saved a small fortune filing and prepping his before powder-coating! (In fairness, he did also rebuild his calipers!!!)

Hi
I am just wondering on the colour for the brake calipers
Mojave Biege van, gun metal polished face alloy. Any idea's guy's.
Thanks

Back