Front brake calipers (manufacturer)

Yzfr1

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all,
My front calipers are crusty to say the least. I can't make out the manufacturer of the caliper due to corrosion and was wondering if anyone knew who makes them.
I have been looking at Auto Doc to purchase 2 new calipers that I will paint before fitting with a set of Brembo discs and pads I've has sitting for best part of 2 years.
There are loads to choose from on the site, does any one know which ones should be avoided?
Cheers

Hi all,
My front calipers are crusty to say the least. I can't make out the manufacturer of the caliper due to corrosion and was wondering if anyone knew who makes them.
I have been looking at Auto Doc to purchase 2 new calipers that I will paint before fitting with a set of Brembo discs and pads I've has sitting for best part of 2 years.
There are loads to choose from on the site, does any one know which ones should be avoided?
Cheers
I think they’d be made by TRW. Have a look at some of the painted ones - you’ll likely be able to see if they look the same.

Hello, you should tell us the model of your transport .
double piston or single piston stirrups?

Hi all,
Cheers
If you can take yours off, send them to these guys for a refurb & painting:

You don't need to buy new.

From looking like yours, mine now look like this:

T6 brakes 4.jpg

If you can take yours off, send them to these guys for a refurb & painting:

You don't need to buy new.

From looking like yours, mine now look like this:

View attachment 145754
Just got a price back.
£357 for a pair of front single piston calipers.
They do look pretty but i think ill be buying new and painting them myself.

Just got a price back.
£357 for a pair of front single piston calipers.
They do look pretty but i think ill be buying new and painting them myself.
I know @Loz has had 4 calipers painted, maybe his costs were cheaper?
Worth a poke to ask him, maybe?

Last edited:
Back