Paint fade advice

Yogi

Hi all,

Interested to find out a little more about paint colour longevity. We’d like a new 6.1 in cherry red but need to know if the colour is likely to fade over what would be many years of loving ownership. Alternately, we may go for the metallic Indiam grey

So, I guess I’m wanting to know is if the modern flat colour paint finishes protect the base colour as well as a metallic option

Thanks

Hi all,

Interested to find out a little more about paint colour longevity. We’d like a new 6.1 in cherry red but need to know if the colour is likely to fade over what would be many years of loving ownership. Alternately, we may go for the metallic Indiam grey

So, I guess I’m wanting to know is if the modern flat colour paint finishes protect the base colour as well as a metallic option

Thanks
I've got a 2016 Cherry Red T6 and while fitting sound deadening I have recently exposed some paintwork that's never seen the sun or dirt, when comparing it to the rest of the van I'd say that the van paint hasn't faded.
I know old tech paints, especially red, used to fade to pink after a couple of sunny days, it seems things have improved, although I'm not impressed with the depth or lack of depth to the paint on my van.

Back