p0191 fault code [Resolved]

Tuneserv

How do I find out about the remedy's people have found for the 132 kw t6 vw kombi transporter that has just developed a p0191 fault code . Rail pressure sensor range performance . Have replaced the sensor but the problem still persists . Clear the fault and you can drive 160 km no problem . Switch off and leave to stand Turn the key on and the code is back before the engine even runs . ? Anyone had this problem ???

Quote Reply

Problem solved ! On further investigation and while working the check engine light went out by itself and never came on again. So I decided to check the pins on the ecu and check for corrosion. While checking I found that this vehicle had had a Unichip fitted at some stage. Maybe because the guy has added every conceivable accessory and vehicle just to heavy The Unichip is connected into the main engine harness. It requires ...Power ,earth,tps,fuel in. ie.rail pressure and crank shaft signal. There appears to be a bad connection on the rail pressure wire . With the unichip removed and the wires returned to standard . The problem has gone. I also noticed black smoke on acceleration meaning Unichip fueling values in the map were excessive. The EGTS would have been to high , so good thing it is out

Back