P010100 Melted intake manifold

T6 Pilot

Hi guys having a bit of trouble with this code
P010100
Cleared it gave it 50km test drive came back on with the EGR low flow code. Checked my voltages to Maff sensor and pressure tested boost system can’t see no leaks at intercooler.
Could do with a hand if someone knew correct voltage at maff sensor would be great. Transporter has CXHA engine

IMG_1875.jpeg

Hi guys up date original post I couldn’t update the title so started new thread. So drove the van a second time engine light came on same codes Mass air flow and EGR flow. Cleared codes went around 500 yards going perfect then went into limp mode. Checked codes P029900 active. Rama a turbo charger test thought what I could hear was boost leak checked and was leaking under intake manifold pressure sensor. Stripped the front off the Transporter as the intake is absolutely buried easiest way to get to the manifold. In the pictures is what I found looks like it’s melted from the inside out. Anyone ever experienced this I’m going to check the valves see if there’s a crack

IMG_1963.jpeg

IMG_1962.jpeg

IMG_1961.jpeg

IMG_1952.jpeg

Just up date guys
Replaced the intake manifold cleaned out to inlet ports of carbon as best as possible and Egr pipe checked valves using bore scope could see no damage. Built it all back up road test over 100 kms went well full power no faults. Time will tell if there’s anything else causing the manifold to melt

i wonder whats causing this? . . . must be a lump of carbon build up and causing a hot spot.

what was the rough strip down time to get the manifold out?

and what was the rough rebuild time - till road test?

i wonder whats causing this? . . . must be a lump of carbon build up and causing a hot spot.

Speculation: EGR output temperatures must be too hot. I think this could be the case if a) cooler does not work to cool off the exhaust or b) EGR valve does not stay closed when it should.

b) we’ve seen happening, during regens the valve should be closed but sticking valve does not close completely. Maybe some of too hot and diesel-moist exhaust then gets through and eventually burns holes to the manifold.

This is just thinking aloud though.

Speculation: EGR output temperatures must be too hot. I think this could be the case if a) cooler does not work to cool off the exhaust or b) EGR valve does not stay closed when it should.

b) we’ve seen happening, during regens the valve should be closed but sticking valve does not close completely. Maybe some of too hot and diesel-moist exhaust then gets through and eventually burns holes to the manifold.

This is just thinking aloud though.
I agree. I have experienced EGR valves sticking open in the past melting the intake manifold pressure sensor. I ran a Egr valve test and it passed there was a low EGR flow code when I first brought the vehicle in after intake manifold replacement it did not come back into ECU. Il keep updated if there’s any more faults come into vehicle.

You have the same issues. Be good to see pic see if it’s the same spot. Mine appeared to be cylinder 3

Wasn’t mine, I’m just following with interest and trying to find out if this could be seen from diagnostics earlier. @KC1 provided this picture - looks like little bit different spot but anyway near EGR end of the manifold

1710661891588.jpeg

Back