Outer Hebrides Summer Trip

Hi All,

Could do with a bit of advice...

Booked a ferry from Oban for the 26th And back to Ullapool about a week later. Found loads of places to stay on the Uists but not much on Harris or Lewis.

Anyone done this trip that has advice about where to / not to stay and which beaches are good. (all, I expect).

Ideally, camping close to a pub as I am a lazy sod! lol

Must be dog friendly too :)

Cheers

Hi All,

Could do with a bit of advice...

Booked a ferry from Oban for the 26th And back to Ullapool about a week later. Found loads of places to stay on the Uists but not much on Harris or Lewis.

Anyone done this trip that has advice about where to / not to stay and which beaches are good. (all, I expect).

Ideally, camping close to a pub as I am a lazy sod! lol

Must be dog friendly too :)

Cheers

Looking forward to following this as it is exactly what we wish to do next year.

Hi I did the outer Hebrides at the end of may and can say it was amazing, it was in my car for a week sailed from Oban to castlebay with hopscotch’s to south uist and isle of Harris and from stornaway to ullapool.
Found all sorts of places to sleep from a simple lay by to a huge grass area looking out to sea think it was called griminish great to watch sunset will post some photos, went with my daughter and just exploring and stopping was great.
Looking forward to going again in camper and redoing the NC500 both trips in car were some of my best holidays.

Last month, Campervan magazine did a 4-page spread on an Outer Hebrides camping trip
Well worth a read and great photos ;)
Issue 13:

campervan13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back