Osram Reversing light

Wooley1000

Hi All
I'm new to the forum and was wondering what people have done to improve the dire reversing lights on a T6.
I have a converted T6 LWB and thought it would be a great idea to buy an Osram reversing working light to either go on top of my roof rack or under the rear bumper.
My problem is having no electrical knowledge and not getting much help with different electricians I have asked, is what is the best way to wire it up.
I have noticed on the market lots of wiring light looms which you just connect to lights and the battery and relay and hey presto they work but non are long enough for a LWB van.
Am I missing something so simple I just can't see it.
Thanks in advance.

I uprated the bulbs to LEDs which made a big difference. Mine has barn doors so has a lamp each side. I’ve read the tailgate only has one working reverse lamp - maybe worth checking and see if the other side is present but not wired up?

There’s this:

and this

with a warning of this

I uprated the bulbs to LEDs which made a big difference. Mine has barn doors so has a lamp each side. I’ve read the tailgate only has one working reverse lamp - maybe worth checking and see if the other side is present but not wired up?
Thanks for that. I have the barn doors as well. What bulbs (make) did you install and was there any problem after? Thanks

I whacked a pair of these in, like headlights on the back.

I whacked a pair of these in, like headlights on the back.

Cheer Ali G. I'll have a look ......by the way great team YNWA

Cheer Ali G. I'll have a look ......by the way great team YNWA
Did you try these.
I’m about to order some DRLS for my H7’s and might get some reverse bulbs while I’m at it. Recently got some of the Travelinlite ones for £6 but I don’t think they’re much brighter than standard.

Did you try these.
I’m about to order some DRLS for my H7’s and might get some reverse bulbs while I’m at it. Recently got some of the Travelinlite ones for £6 but I don’t think they’re much brighter than standard.
A few of us have fitted the Twenty20 LED reverse bulbs. See below for links and photos

A few of us have fitted the Twenty20 LED reverse bulbs. See below for links and photos

Cool thanks.
Ordered.

Also just ordered. £9.99 for one, or £19.99 for a pair, so I ordered two singles. I saved a whole penny! I needed to spend 2p more for free shipping, so some polish went in the basket too. Yes I am a sucker.

Back