Orange Speckles On White Paintwork

Mbr_tattoist

T6 Pro
In various areas I have noticed tiny orange speckles, you’ve got to look close up. I firstly thought is rust coming through but surely not are they not aluminium any way. I’ve read things about iron dust getting into paint work , can this be it, I also noticed on the rear bumper which is plastic so I’ve kind of ruled out rust

Any ideas people ? It does seem to run off so wierd

I see this a lot on our work with Caravans and Motorhomes, and often it's industrial fallout from factories, but it's only ever on the roofs and any ledges.

it could be metal particles from traffic. use some iron out after a snowfoam and the rinse thoroughly. if still there you may need to give it a claybar

Ferrous contamination, as already mentioned use iron remover (ValetPro Dragons Breath, CarPro Iron X or AutoSmart Red 7). Should you need
to clay bar as well, this will mar the paint and will require machine polishing to correct.

In various areas I have noticed tiny orange speckles, you’ve got to look close up. I firstly thought is rust coming through but surely not are they not aluminium any way. I’ve read things about iron dust getting into paint work , can this be it, I also noticed on the rear bumper which is plastic so I’ve kind of ruled out rust

Any ideas people ? It does seem to run off so wierd

The T5/T6 are fully steel.
The orange particles are the Metallic dust specs from the break pads, the black is road tar and diesel particulates and general fallout.
Fallout remover like Bilt hamber kerrosol and clay bar are you're friends.

Back